The Business Development Sales Associate (BDSA) is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic, high performing sales organization, make your mark, and grow. There is tremendous room for advancement for high performers that successfully grow into this position.
The Business Development Sales Associate will work to create new business opportunities for Ace Industries. Activities include soliciting and targeting new inspection and contract sales opportunities within industries such as pulp & paper, steel distribution, power, aerospace, and general industry. Responsible for developing new contract inspection and preventative maintenance sales offers.
A successful BDSA will be able to create opportunities to sell new contracts, identify site requirements, and generate proposals. Further duties will be to assist the Branch Manager in other service sales activities as needed to generate proposals utilizing the CRM and other internal tools available. A successful BDSA will help out as needed in order to grow the branch.
- Responsible for the sales of Ace Industries Inc. services and product offerings, primarily new contact/inspection service products.
- Work with other branch team members to grow the branch sales (everyone works together).
- Solicit prospective new business opportunities.
- Network with existing customers to increase sales, retain business and cultivate strong relationships.
- Meet and exceed monthly quota.
- Conduct sales meetings and presentations on a daily basis.
- Utilize the CRM to prepare an annual sales plan, log weekly sales activity, enter quotes, and territory management.
- Strong understanding of industry-specific services and product offerings available.
- Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Organize sales efforts and joint sales calls with vendors and Ace Industries Strategic Accounts team.
- Provide service and inspection quotes and proposals to customers as needed.
- Attend all required safety meetings.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
This position will require strong onsite and remote sales techniques to meet the following expectations:
- Minimum 10-15 meetings per week with prospective customers.
- Appropriate phone and on-site cold calls cloverleafing territory.
- Minimum 30-40 outbound sales call via phone and email.
- Minimum of 65-75 total prospect and customer interactions per week.
Required Education and Experience
- Preferred 4-year degree
- 2 - 3 years of experience in outside sales.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team player and should work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Strong closing skills.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds and frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and moving mechanical parts. The noise level on the job sites can be loud.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position Monday-Friday, 7am-5pm
Travel is expected approximately 75% of the time in your region and occasional out-of-state travel may be necessary.