- Posted at 2019-09-23 07:00:00
- Full time
The Sr. E-Commerce Merchant is responsible developing and managing Acehardware.com’s merchandise assortment plan, including RSC based skus and those from non-RSC sources including Acenet direct vendors, Emery Jensen skus, and ecommerce hub partners. The Sr. E-Commerce Merchant is responsible for the negotiating promotional offerings for this mix, including any vendor provided item cost concessions, retailer credits, and/or vendor promotional payments. The Sr. E-Commerce Merchant is also responsible for developing and managing content assets in order to reinforce Ace’s brand promise, while delivering world class product information to the Ace online customer.
The Sr. E-Commerce Merchant is at the core of driving the relevance and size (traffic and sales) of Acehardware.com as a means to achieve its primary purpose of driving store sales volume, and to be a resource for consumers and retailers to enable more customer interaction and more business.
What you’ll do
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and Execute strategies for the online channel around the 4 p’s of Marketing-Execute product, pricing and placement strategy across the entire acehardware.com platform while driving profitable sales through all aspects of Internet assortment planning (ie core basic/omni channel skus ) internet only skus, vendor direct skus, and clearance skus
- Analyze the ecommerce market to develop understandings of market trends and competitors’ strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
Develop and Manage Online Merchandising Assortment
- Identify sku mix and product assortment offerings from within retail support center based sku mix.
- Negotiate additional product and brand assortments from non-RSC programs—including Acenet direct vendors, Emery Jensen sku mix, and ecommerce hub offerings.
- Grow category sales while respecting current retail store assortment mixes, pricing model, and retail profitability
- Work cross functionally with the Ace Internal Merchandising team to collaborate within existing vendor relationships while supporting and respecting current contracts and program parameters
- Plan and negotiate all item level online promotional activity.
- Negotiate all online item level pricing concessions including item cost concessions, vendor subsidies and credits, and vendor advertising placement revenue.
- Collaborate with existing promotional team to support integrated omni channel promotions.
- Collaborate with ecommerce marketing and analytics team to determine timing and consumer discount structure for site wide promotional offerings.
- Collaborate with creative and design team to bring various promotional offerings to life within the acehardware.com platform as well as email support initiatives.
- Work directly with vendors to harvest effective consumer content for product offerings in order to maximize consumer experience and sales potential.
- Collaborate with existing content team to review product content and images for the online experience.
- Create and publish retailer centric monthly acehardware.com alerts to provide awareness of promotional direction of acehardware.com channel for retailers.
- Create, maintain and publish monthly promotional summary sheet on Acenet in order to provide retailers continual and updated access to special retails, costs and credits.
- Collaborate with Promotional team to provide monthly acehardware.com content within the regularly published monthly Win the Month Planner.
- Coordinate with Ace Care Center for calls and e-mails related to respective category questions and inquiries
Inventory/Supply Chain Support
- Communicate and collaborate with inventory and Merchandising team on acehardware.com specific promotions and their respective inventory requirements.
- Collaborate with Closeout team to determine promotional opportunities
- Review key item inventory levels on a daily basis and manage online offering in order to maximize in-stock position and sales.
- Negotiate profitable online only offerings by managing gross profit through increased use of vendor subsidies, vendor credits, and retail price management.
- Negotiate vendor placement funds for online promotional placements.
What you need to succeed
Ace Merchant Competencies
- Product passion – Natural and fanatical curiosity around product and the online marketplace, demonstrated and put into action.
- Results-oriented – Ability to drive results to and above plan with full accountability, proactively shifting efforts as trends and business variables change
- Negotiation skills – Solid negotiation skills with proven results leveraging company scale, business drivers and strategies
- Planning skills – Ability to interpret company and team goals, and assemble a plan to contribute to overall strategy and sales success.
- Collaboration—Cross functional cooperation throughout the entire Merchandising team and vendors, as well as the various Marketing channels
Experience and Technical Requirements
- 5+ years of ecommerce, marketing, merchandising experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing a plus
- Documented experience managing the marketing mix model (primarily: Product selection, retail pricing, and online placement)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze/interpret data, proactively make recommendations and successfully implement plans
- Demonstrate strong decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills required
- Highly creative, flexible and adaptable with good follow-through
- Proven ability to multi-task projects and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point,
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
Ace Hardware Corporation has grown to become one of the nation's leading retailer owned cooperatives with more than 5,000 domestic and international stores and an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. Our annual retail sales in the multi-billions rank Ace in the top 25 of all U.S. retailers. If you're passionate about your career and want to contribute to a company you can believe in, consider sharing your talent with us. Join us in continuing our legacy of making Ace "the helpful place."