- Posted at 2019-07-15 07:00:00
- Full time
The Financial Inventory Control Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring accurate presentation of the financial records of Inventory held in the Ace distribution centers, by providing accounting support to both finance and business partners. Additionally, this position will require to be the lead for finance on cross-functional projects and the coordination of projects and initiatives, including support for finance staff assigned to the project, development and review of processes, documentation, policies, risk assessment and review and enhancement of internal controls governing the accounting processes.
What you’ll do
- Lead the monthly close responsibilities focused on Inventory
- Review and / or prepare executive level complex ad-hoc reports and analysis as assigned by management; interpret results of the analysis, present findings and recommendations to management, and assist management with implementing any business or process changes resulting from the analysis.
- Support the external auditors by ensuring all audit requests are provided timely and coordinate all discussions requested by the external auditors.
- Set performance expectations and workload for direct reports on a regular basis
- Make presentations on business and accounting topics, as needed, to varying groups throughout the organization.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 7 -10 years of prior accounting related experience
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Advanced Excel, Power Point and Word skills
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and data mining skills
- Proven ability to re-design processes
- Ability to define strategy and create goals and objectives for processes
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with management throughout the organization
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
Ace Hardware Corporation has grown to become one of the nation's leading retailer owned cooperatives with more than 5,000 domestic and international stores and an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. Our annual retail sales in the multi-billions rank Ace in the top 25 of all U.S. retailers. If you're passionate about your career and want to contribute to a company you can believe in, consider sharing your talent with us. Join us in continuing our legacy of making Ace "the helpful place."