- Posted at 2019-10-18 07:00:00
- Full time
The Creative Director will be responsible for and lead all aspects of the Ace creative strategy, design, development, execution and creative department. Creative Director will set a high creative bar while maximizing external AORs and will stand up the internal agency for long term success. They will ensure that all creative is on strategy, on brand and ultimately operate as the Ace Brand Steward. They will be responsible for delivering strategically driven and thoughtful designs through all projects, channels, consumer touchpoints and enterprise wide.
This responsibility extends from concept through to execution and production to ensure that the original vision and alignment with Ace’s differentiators (Service, Convenience and Quality) is always showcased in the final product or deliverable. It is essential that the Creative Director use consumer insights and creative trends to push and keep Ace and the Ace brand at the forefront of creative design. The Creative Director should be a strong conceptual thinker, problem solver, strong communicator and have a proven track record of delivering fresh and well-crafted work.
What you’ll do
- Leads the overall creative strategy and direction across the enterprise, ensuring alignment with Ace differentiators (Service, Convenience and Quality) and drives for creative excellence and idea leadership.
- Responsible for the overall management of the creative department and ensuring that the designers are delivering consistent on brand creative, on time and on budget to serve all channels.
- Lead the front end creative direction, provide art direction and streamline entire creative process for all projects and ensure quality control over all concepts, projects and deliverables.
- Recruit, hire, lead, mentor and inspire top creative talent for the organization.
- Leads the creative and briefing process for all project kick-offs while managing strong stakeholder relationships.
- Manages the overall departmental budget (including personnel and technology) and ensures creative work flowing through the department is on time and on budget.
- Operate as the overall Brand Steward and solving any creative inconsistencies internally or externally that can either damage the brand and/or confuse consumers.
- Deep understanding of digital landscape, content creation and multi-channel needs.
What you need to succeed
- Strong strategic marketer that can connect business challenges to solutions
- Strong conceptual abilities to develop ideas/concepts individually and as part of a team
- Passion and energy to win by motivating teammates to build trusting, cross functional relationships and programs
- Must be an effective leader, a clear communicator and a consensus builder, highly organized, detail oriented with ability to oversee and direct multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Highly knowledgeable in all aspects of creative design (Graphics, Photography, Video, etc.), multiple systems (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite) and digital terminologies
- Strategic thinker that questions the status quo
- Independent self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit
- Creative and persuasive
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with ability to interact and influence all organizational levels
- Ability to stand their ground to protect, enhance and defend the Ace brand
- Comfortable and proven ability to thrive in a multi-tasking fast paced environment and deliver under tight timelines
- 7-10 years’ experience in creative leadership
- 5+ years’ experience in leading creative teams
- BA Degree or equivalent in creative focused major (Graphic Design, Advertising, etc.)
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
Ace Hardware Corporation has grown to become one of the nation's leading retailer owned cooperatives with more than 5,000 domestic and international stores and an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. Our annual retail sales in the multi-billions rank Ace in the top 25 of all U.S. retailers. If you're passionate about your career and want to contribute to a company you can believe in, consider sharing your talent with us. Join us in continuing our legacy of making Ace "the helpful place."