Assistant Managers are responsible for leading and managing associates involved with activities in the front and back end of our stores which include check-out areas, returns, special services, computer systems and receiving. They are also responsible for managing the receiving, unloading, distribution and stocking of merchandise in the store.
The major responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for ensuring the store is recovered and ready for business every day
- Maintain record keeping accurately
- Ensure that open/close procedures are followed
- Ensure that all daily inventory management tasks are completed: Stocked, Zero outs, Rain checks, Special orders, Cycle counting.
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Make sure that the sales floor is clear, organized and properly signed, and that the receiving floor is clear of pallets and trash
- Responsible for training all associates on store policies and procedures
- Delegate daily workload among associates
- Enforces safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model
The minimum requirements for this position include:
- Education/Training: High School degree, some college preferred. Posses a vast product knowledge of hardware related products along with a willingness to learn
- Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years retail management experience
- Skills/Knowledge: Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to lead and develop others
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation depends on your experience.
About Ace Hardware: Ace Hardware is looking for an individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated and trustworthy.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.