The Associate Marketing Manager - Social Media will help define and manage the social media strategy (focus on community management, social care, and paid advertising) that contributes to overall goals of Ace. Responsibilities include collaborating with internal teams, educating the organization, analytical reporting, social listening, content calendar development, identifying emerging trends and best practices. The employee in this position will be a social media expert.
What you'll do
Drive Social Strategy:
- Help define and drive the organization's social media strategy by setting goals that align with the overall company by initiating procedures, providing education to key stakeholders, leading cross-functional teams to drive the strategy.
Social Media Community Management
- Engage in conversation as the official voice of Ace Hardware, by being responsible for managing Ace's social media communities including responding to customer comments and inquiries, posting timely content, driving engagement and building affinity for the brand. Identify and resolve crisis situations, at the local and national level, by understanding when problems need to be escalated, develop social responses, understand when our audience needs to be informed. Work closely with Customer Care on Social care implementation to respond to customers in the most efficient manner.
Social Media Content Calendar
- Lead development of social media content calendar in close collaboration with content contributors and other internal teams. Create calendar to provide an annual high-level overview to show leadership what social will be supporting and maintain monthly calendar, which gives an in-depth look at our monthly/weekly activity. Ensure all content ladders to Ace's brand positioning, supports national marketing campaigns and is engaging for Ace's target audience.
Campaign and Content Development:
- Responsible for the direction and project management of all social programs and campaigns. With content contributors, develop and analyze content that works on our social channels. Manage relationship with internal teams to streamline processes and create more efficient alignment and production of content and creative that connects to overarching strategy. Collaborate with internal teams to ensure content messaging is correct and aligns with Brand Engagement guidelines.
- Collaborate with the digital team on paid strategy by providing expertise on content and creative to be supported by digital budget. Work with new agency partner, PMX, on campaign execution.
Emerging Media and Tools
- Identify emerging media and innovations in social tools. Stay on top of trends, updates to platforms, attend conferences, monitor competitors and determine new media outlets that would benefit Ace and our retailers. Have the ability to act on these learnings and adjust strategy efficiently and quickly.
Local Retailer Support
- Act as the in-house expert for social media. Collaborate with local marketing team to develop and share social media best practices and suggestions for Ace retailers via regular articles, webinars, off-site presentations and training sessions to assist them in managing their local store social media networks. Work with Aidgency to create process for monthly promotional images for retailers to use on social channels. Post social media assets, tagging and post copy on internal sites- AceNet and SoCi. Maintain, post and monitor the Ace-ing Social Private Facebook group. Create educational tutorial on how to effectively manage local social media presence.
Social Media Measurement & Analysis
- Have vast knowledge of social media analytics. Ability to develop and analyze metric reports for Ace and its competitors. Develop and maintain social media dashboard and report on monthly metrics to key stakeholders/leadership. Identify, research and purchase tools that fit within our resources to monitor and analyze all social media efforts to optimize social content and campaigns.
What you need to succeed
Experience and Technical Requirements
- 5-7 years Marketing / Social Media/ Digital Marketing experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing/Communications/ Public Relations or related field. Master's degree a plus.
- Help define and evolve social media strategy for the organization that aligns with the organization goals.
- Experience in marketing promotions.
- Experience in social media community management for a consumer brand or organization.
- Experience with social crisis management processes/protocol.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging platform tools for scheduling, engagement and analytics.
- Experience in managing multiple agency relationships.
- Documented experience developing and executing engaging content calendars.
- Experience with paid social media tactics and strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in copy writing and working with creative teams.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to educate internal departments/retailers on value of social media and share tips.
- Documented ability to analyze / interpret data and proactively make recommendations.
- Strong communication skills, ability to present to colleagues and retailers in group settings.
- Photoshop experience a plus.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.