LEAD PAINTER (CONSTRUCTION / FULL TIME OR PART TIME)
- Posted: over a month ago
If you are looking for a W2 position that allows you the flexibility of an independent job, look no further! We provide the quality craftsmanship and customer service that our clients have come to expect from us. You will work out of your home on your choice of a full time or part time basis, using your own truck or van to travel to job sites in Johnson County area and nearby areas.
We provide hourly pay with potential for performance bonuses. If this sounds like the kind of position you’ve been looking for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to hear from you. Contact us today!
Here is just some of what we have to offer:
- Vacation (after 1 year)
- Performance bonuses
- Company credit card
- Flexible scheduling
- Advancement and growth opportunities
- Regular pay reviews
- Consistent year-round work
- Plus more!
Lead & participant of a team of workers assigned to prepare & paint materials utilizing brush, roller, & spray for the maintenance and decoration of residences, both interior & exterior.
Hire & train workers to perform tasks necessary to prepare & paint surfaces in multiple methods of application.
10 years in the painting trade AND 2 years of supervisory experience.
*All candidates are required to pass a background check and will be subject to skill assessment testing.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Brush, roller, & spray painting practices, processes, tools, & materials.
- Application of different styles & finishes to multiple surfaces.
- Preparation practices for painting, repainting, finishing, & refinishing.
- Safety precautions for the application, handling, & storage of materials.
- Safety regulations when preparing & painting surfaces.
- Methods & procedures of estimating & planning job projects.
- Principles of interviewing, hiring, & training team members.
- Basic principles of budgeting & recordkeeping.
- Using tools & equipment of the painting trade.
- Match colors & mix paints & other finishes to yield desired colors.
- Apply paints & other finishes by brush, spray gun, & roller.
- Clean, adjust, maintain, & make minor repairs on spray painting equipment.
- Safely work from ladders.
- Safely lift heavy equipment & materials.
- Make accurate cost estimates of material & labor.
- Provide leadership & technical assistance to others.
- Train others in the work of the trade overall & in regard to specific projects.
- Work effectively & cooperatively with staff, administrators, & contractors.
- Keep accurate records.
- Give clear & concise instructions.
- Learn characteristics of new materials & equipment of the painting trade & update skills to adapt to changing technology.
- Schedules, oversees, & participates in the work of a small group of journey-level workers & other assigned staff performing preparation & painting of surfaces of interior and exterior walls, woodwork, and metalwork of residences, cabinets, rooms, decks, & fences.
- Determines most efficient work procedures & techniques for assigned staff to ensure timely completion of painting projects while making sure that safety standards & procedures are followed.
- Scrapes, sands, fills, & otherwise prepares surfaces and performs complex painting work.
- Uses brushes, rollers, & spray guns to apply the required number of coats of paints, enamels, varnishes, lacquers, or other protective or decorative materials on a wide variety of surfaces such as wood, metal, glass, plaster, brick, stucco, cement, & wallboard.
- Cleans, adjusts, maintains, & makes minor repairs on painting hand and power tools & equipment to ensure their safe & efficient operation.
- Estimates job costs & prepares material lists & job records.
- Provides manager with technical input on painting work concerning planned construction & work projects in progress.
- Assists in the inspection of painting work performed by team members.
- Assists in developing job specifications, diagrams, budgets & planning related to painting work.
- Provides training to personnel assigned to unit.
- May schedule & oversee the work of other workers assigned to painting branch of business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ace Handyman Services is a franchise network of Independently Owned and Operated Franchises. Your application will go directly to the franchise owner, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise. All inquiries about employment at this franchise should be made directly to the franchise owner, and not to Ace Handyman Services Corporate.
Ace Handyman Services Kansas City & Johnson County
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?