Electrical Panel Shop Foreman
- Posted: November 14, 2022
Our Mission is to Identify, Hire, Train and Retain the very best people! Could that be you?
Join the Ace Electric team for opportunities to work with the best team and build your career with Ace University!
Since our inception in Valdosta, GA in 1975, Ace has been performing quality electrical installations in a full range of markets including: retail, education, healthcare, institutional, industrial, commercial, correctional facilities, hospitality, military bases and others. In the past 15 years, locations have been added in Macon, GA, Atlanta, GA, Jackson, TN, Statesboro, GA and Siler City, NC. Ace offers fabrication services, hard bid, design-build, negotiated contracts and fee-based work. We have the resources, professional staff and project management team to handle almost any type of electrical project. Our history of safety and quality has been established through years of successful projects and satisfied customers. Ace Electric is growing bigger in business each year and has no signs of slowing down!
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident and Critical Illness Insurances
- 401k with Match
- Access to Ace University: Apprenticeship Program, Leadership Training, Skill Building Classes and much more!
The Electrical Panel Shop Supervisor assists the Fabrication Manager with the supervision and production of the Electrical Panel Shop Dept. Assures the process, production requirements and product quality expectations and Division project needs are met.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Safety Focused
- Quality Focused
- Production Focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to see others succeed by mentoring and sharing knowledge with others.
- Proficient with computer skills preferred (Microsoft Word, Excel, Smartsheets, Spectrum, Accubid, Bluebeam etc.).
- Ability to focus on details while still maintaining a large picture perspective.
- Ability to develop and work as member of a team.
- Some understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC), and Electrical Theory.
- Ability to read and understand construction specifications and detailed drawings.
- Ability to follow construction schedules and production schedules
Mandatory Hiring Requirements:
References, Background Check, Drug Screen Testing, Valid Driver's License.
- Works with Safety Professional to ensure all safety goals are being achieved.
- Ensures a quality product is being built and shipped.
- Assists Manager with providing direction and leadership to the departmental team to achieve high safety, quality and productivity goals are met.
- Assists with ensuring compliance to production schedules, process quality, efficiency standards are met.
- Maintains training matrix. Facilitates improvement through team involvement, training and education on specific tasks, safety issues and other company-related functions.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate supply of departmental shop supplies and materials.
- Assures proper maintenance of equipment, tools and housekeeping.
- Coordinates deliveries and shipping of fabricated products and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned including terminations and testing.
- License:Valid state driver's license as required by job conditions or by the company.
- Base Education Required:High School Graduate
- Experience: Minimum 4 years of electrical experience (industrial and/or commercial)
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety certification
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Works both in a climate-controlled office and warehouse setting with varying degrees of stress and time pressure.
- Job also requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Able to work 40 hours per week plus overtime as required.
- Travel with overnight stay is required occasionally.
Required Physical/Mental Functions:
- Positively identify colors of wire and other items as required.
- Understands A/C electrical circuitry.
- Comprehend reading of blueprints drawings, and schematics.
- Comprehend and practice safe work procedures as outlined in Safety Handbook.
- Operate company trucks with automatic transmission.
- Able to load semi and gooseneck trailers properly to ensure safe deliveries.
- Read and interpret maps, manuals, work site directions, and written instructions.
- Must hear and see well (either natural or with correction).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Tolerant to prolonged standing and movement on foot.
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers.
Ace Electric, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Drug-Free Workplace Program Statement:
Ace Electric, Inc. provides a Drug-Free Workplace and prohibits the presence of certain items and substances on project or company premises and property and prohibits project and company personnel and others from reporting to work, working or being present on project or company premises while under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances, or with measurable quantity of alcohol, illegal drugs or other unauthorized substances present in the body. Ace Electric, Inc. abides by their Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy as part of its commitment to safety and quality.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at either 229-506-5240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language:
English EEO is the Law Poster
Spanish EEO is the Law
Arabic EEO is the Law
Chinese EEO is the Law
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, please choose your language:
English EEO is the Law Supplement
Spanish EEO is the Law Supplement
Arabic EEO the Law Supplement
Chinese EEO is the Law Supplement
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link:
Pay Transparency PolicyEmployment Type: OTHER
4081 Inner Perimeter RoadValdosta, GA
ConstructionView all jobs at Ace Electric
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?