- Posted: over a month ago
The essential function of the position within the organization is to perform responsible work supervising and coordinating the activities of utilities crew, engaged in the installation and repair utility systems. Work is performed under the direction of a higher-level supervisor and is reviewed through conferences, reports, and observation of results obtained. The Construction Site Supervisor will plan, implement and oversee efforts at specific work sites. The position may assist other workers and take instruction from other divisions of Ace/Avant.
- Selects, assigns, directs and evaluates the work of crews of semi-skilled and skilled employees engaged in the installation, maintenance and repairs of utility systems.
- Instructs assigned personnel in proper techniques of installation, maintenance and repairs of machinery and appurtenances used in the maintenance of distribution and collection systems.
- Oversees and participates in the installation and repairs of water mains, hydrants and other activities associated with water system maintenance.
- Oversees and participates in the installation and repairs of sanitary sewer lines. Instructs and participates with other Utilities staff in the installation and repairs of water meters as needed.
- Answers questions regarding information needed or complaints regarding maintenance activities. Reports actions and results to supervisor.
- Responsible for crew performance meeting established quality and safety standards.
Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the standard tools and practices used in the installation, repair and maintenance of utility systems such as backhoes, dump trucks, fork lift, pumps and various other small equipment used in the maintenance of utility systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards in laboring work and the necessity of safety precautions.
- Ability to properly operate and train employees on all machinery required to complete various maintenance tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to understand and interpret construction drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Produces reports and/or reviews records necessary to ensure that all regulations governing installation and maintenance are fully complied with by assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position lifts heavy objects, lifts objects weighing up to 50 lbs., pulls & pushes objects weighing up to 200 lbs. The employee walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This position frequently requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local, some out-of-area and overnight travel will be expected.
Benefits & Compensation:
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY
AGGRESSIVE WAGE INCREASES
*AFFORDABLE HEALTH AND DENTAL INSURANCE
*SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURACE
*FREE SUPPLIMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE
*401K PLAN OFFERED AND MATCHED
(* after eligibility periods)