Ace/Avant Concrete Construction Co. Archdale, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
Contractors turn to Ace Avant for the coveted combination of quality, service, safety and innovation. Our position as a leader in the industry has been earned with a strong work ethic, dedication to quality, and thoughtful innovation. Our experienced employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work and our team.
We are currently looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals join our team. We provide a fun work atmosphere, with a team-oriented, positive attitude. Join an industry leader in commercial concrete work with year-round work!
Job Duties Include:
- Smooth out concrete in segments to ensure the concrete poured is level.
- Operates a screed to level freshly placed concrete according to grade and depth specification.
- Fill roadways, driveways, sidewalks, bridges, homes, and parking lots.
- Arrange the concrete forms.
- Spread concrete.
- Prepare surface with hammer and chose.
- Rub cement in with sponge-rubber float or burlap.
- Level it using special blades, making sure all lumps and bubbles are smoothed over.
- Use wood or plastic forms to shape the concrete and hold it until it is set.
- Smooth high spots and fill depressions.
- Make concrete beams, columns, and panels.
- Wash away excess concrete.
- Finish corners by hand.
- Use machines that vibrate concrete to fill air pockets.
- Use groovers and hand trowels to spread concrete.
- Prepare the base.
- Cut pavers.
- Experience is preferred not required
- Able to pass a drug test
- Must be able to move materials and equipment weighing up to 50+ pounds
- Repetitive use of hands for simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation required
- Frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, ladder and stair climbing and occasional crawling and twisting are a must to perform the basic functions of the job
- Follow instructions as directed by foreman/superintendent.
- Must be able to follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment
- Must be able to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).
Our core values include Integrity, Safe happy employees, happy clients and a good bottom line. Join our team and find your new home at Ace/Avant!
Benefits & Compensation:
- HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY
- YEAR-ROUND WORK
- AGGRESSIVE WAGE INCREASES
- *AFFORDABLE HEALTH AND DENTAL INSURANCE
- *SHORT-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
- *FREE SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE
- *401K PLAN OFFERED AND MATCHED(* after eligibility periods)
Job Type: Full-time
Ace/Avant Concrete Construction Co.
ConstructionView all jobs at Ace/Avant Concrete Construction Co.