Office Administration Health Services - Instructor
Ace Acumen Academy is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) and Private Career College in association with St. Clair College that works exclusively with International Students and provides them a recognized Ontario Public College credential. The College is focused on preparing graduating learners with exceptional employability skills who are positioned to contribute to the growth and success of the economy and various industries within our community, across the country and around the world.
The College is seeking a professional Instructor for the Office Administration in Healthcare Program, who is an experienced and motivated professional and shares our commitment to quality education and student success.
PERKS / Why Join Us:
- Company culture encourages trust, communication and teamwork
- Transparent and collaborative work environment support inclusion
- Semester-based evaluations to provide metrics for individuals to receive performance acknowledgement awards
- Structured calendar provides scheduled performance reviews and opportunities for professional development and career advancement
- Candidates must be flexible to teach days, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- This position is expected to work on-site at the College’s campuses; it is NOT a remote location position
Instructors will be responsible for the following and job duties will be carried out on-campus, with in-person learning:
- Provide an enriching learning environment for students by using holistic and career-oriented teaching methods; initiate, facilitate and moderate classroom discussions and lab sessions
- Plan, prepare and deliver quality classroom instruction based on the approved curriculum; prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
- Timely completion and submissions of all grades and marking of all tests, examinations and assignments; maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records
- Plan, evaluate and revise curricula, course content and course materials and methods if instruction as needed
- Participate in faculty/staff meetings, committee meetings, professional development workshops and other school functions as required
- Conduct communications and behavior in a cooperative, respectful and polite manner will all contact points when sharing information, making inquiries or asking for assistance
- Abide by all Company Policies, Guidelines and Standard Operating Practices
Candidate must have knowledge of:
- Administrative Procedures
- Medical Terminology and Medical Transcription
- Essential Business Calculations
- Accounting for the Office Assistant
- Business for the Office Assistant
- Electronic Medical Records and Billing
- Advanced Work Processing and Documents
- Social Relations, Ethics and Legislation in the Health Service Office
- Post-Secondary Diploma / Degree in a medical-related discipline is mandatory
- Current regulated Health Care professional with a University Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree level preferred
- Current regulated health care professional with no restrictions; member of relevant professional associations
- Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant professional experience working as an Office Administrator / Supervisor within the Healthcare field
- Minimum 2-3 years of demonstrated experience teaching within a virtual classroom environment, at a post-secondary level in a college or university
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with international students
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Knowledge of Private Career Colleges and Public Private Partnerships is an asset.
Candidates selected for an interview may be required to provide a 10 minute teaching demonstration. Details will be provided when interviews are scheduled.
ACE ACUMEN ACADEMY IS COMMITTED TO EQUITY IN EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION
Our organizational culture supports diversity & transparency based on tenants of trust, communication & teamwork at all our campuses in GTA!
Ace Acumen Academy is a designated learning institution- DLI -that offers full-time college programs through its partnership with St. Clair College. Our College works exclusively with international students who will receive a recognized Ontario Public College credential upon successful completion of their studies. The College's campuses are located within the GTA: Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton.
Ace Acumen AcademyBrampton, ON
Get fresh Office Administration Health Services - Instructor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.