Akucast, Inc. is a San Francisco based spin-off that has launched a new startup in El Paso, TX. We’re looking to build a new team from scratch and are on the hunt for Entrepreneur-minded individuals with the youth for start-up culture.
Five years ago we developed a SaaS app built for the Salesforce platform that has been sold to many exciting Silicon Valley companies. We are now dedicating a new company to focus on it and grow it nationally and globally.
You will be joining us as employee #2+. You’ll get to be part of a new tech start-up that will be launching Silicon Valley style right here in El Paso. As an early employee, you’ll get stock options and growth potential within the company as you help make it successful.
Our team works across all levels of a prospects organization to understand their business objectives and help them understand how Akucast can solve their Sales operations shortcomings. We leverage a highly personalized and strategic Enterprise account-based strategy so getting to know your prospects and what matters to them is key to your success.
We are looking for…
A Business Development Representative, to join our team to generate, develop and close new b2b business within an assigned territory or named account list.
- Friendly and can carry a conversation
- You listen more than you talk
- You’re more interested in developing relationships than acquaintances
- At a party or networking event, you’re comfortable striking up a conversation with a complete stranger
- You are a natural teacher, someone who likes to help others learn something new
- Hunter-gatherer-farmer, you’re all of them but mostly a gatherer
- An excellent communicator with a high emotional IQ. You strive to be articulate and empathetic in your interactions. You have a way with words—you can write a great email and carry on a good conversation.
- You are a team player who values outcomes over effort—you are someone who is driven to succeed both as an individual but also as a team.
- You care about quality, wanting to get the job done as well as you can. Hungry to learn, genuinely curious and know how to get the answers to your questions.
- Gutsy and self-directed when it comes to problem-solving and working on multiple projects at once. You're looking to work with a team of high performers where you'll be responsible for the impact you make and the freedom to explore your creativity. Working with folks in different time zones will be standard issue for you around here, so being able to stay determined, even when the answers aren't in front of you, is essential.
Meaningful work you'll contribute
- Create new sales opportunities via cold calling & inbound lead follow-up
- Take those prospects, nurture them, and close them for a win
- Research firms that fit Akucast’s ideal customer profile (ICP) in your assigned territory
- Speak with key executives/buyer personas/positions to create and develop interest in Akucast.
- Nurture and close opportunities.
- Responsible for pipeline growth and forecast accuracy in accordance with expectations set by sales leadership.
- Conduct high level Akucast product demo’s via Zoom or Google Meet and demonstrate how Akucast can solve customer pain points
Valuable experiences and skills you'll bring to Akucast
- 4 year University degree in any discipline is greatly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce is a huge plus but not required.
- Open to learning and coaching and can take constructive criticism and turn it into positive outcomes.
- Any experience in a customer facing environment is welcome. B2B experience for sales or customer service roles is ideal.
- Ability to learn/improve to effectively present and explain product information to high-level management personnel at target companies and is able to adapt presentation style as needed.
- Ability to engage with prospective customers based on open probes and creation of value statements that are provided.
- Aptitude to master sales tools, process and provided training
- Strong and articulate telephone personality and strong ability to create rapport.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, business-to-business phone communication skills (e.g., telemarketing, tele-selling, etc.).
- Must be able to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable to improve results