- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION: RN NURSING SUPERVISOR
REQUIREMENTS: Is a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holds a valid license to practice nursing in New York State.
EXPERIENCE: Unless otherwise indicated, one (1) year of current experience within the last three (3) years in an acute care facility or home care, or at least one (1) year experience as a supervisor.
1. To follow the established guidelines for the RN Scope of Nursing Practice in New York State (Refer
to the Nurse Practice Act)
2. To participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of health care services provided to the home
3. To perform a nursing assessment on clients initially and at a minimum every six (6) months.
4. Develops the client’s plan of care in accordance with the client’s medical needs and physician’s orders.
5. Communicates the goals of the care plan to members of the healthcare team.
6. Updates the client’s plan of care according to physician’s orders and agency policy.
7. Encourage clients and their families to be involved in the development of the plan of care.
8. To ensure the appropriate contractual agreement is in place prior to the start of services.
9. To obtain signed contracts and other required agency forms from client, family member, or responsible
person regarding the care of the client.
10. Participates in client case conferences according to agency policy.
11. Performs supervisory visits according to agency policy and / or contractual agreements.
12. Orient and supervise nurses to the client’s plan of care prior to working.
13 Review client records in a timely manner against the client’s plan of care and physician’s orders.
14. To wean the client home charts as necessary with each nursing visit.
15. Review nurses notes weekly.
16. To ensure the homecare nurse transcribes and implements the client’s physician’s orders accurately
on the medication / treatment records.
17. Make appropriate client referrals according to the client’s needs and situation.
18. Orient prospective employees in a thorough and courteous manner.
19. Handles grievances and complaints in an efficient and timely manner according to agency policy.
20. Documents reported Client / Employee Accidents and Incidents including Medication Errors.
21. Assists in obtaining relative information for employee work compliance.
22. Promotes effective written and verbal communication.
23. Assumes assigned responsibility in the absence of the other RN Supervisor or Administrators.
24. Demonstrates knowledge and compliance of agency operations with federal, state, and local mandates
including NYSDOH regulations.
25. Is available after office hours, in an on-call capacity, for emergencies involving the healthcare staff and
26. Demonstrates skill in conflict resolution.
27. Represents and always maintain a positive and professional manner.
28. Maintains consistent and concise lines of authority and responsibilities.
29. Attends QA/QI and Advisory committee meetings, as appropriate.
30. Consults with Director / Administrator(s) as issues and concerns arise.
31. Performance as a role model for field and office staff.
32. Communicates with administrative staff regarding the job performance, attendance, etc. of home health
care staff when completing employee evaluations.
33. Gives accurate information regarding costs for provision of services.
34. Have knowledge of agency policies and procedures and be a resource for other staff members.
35. Reports and updates client condition to the Director / Administrator(s) as needed.
36. Maintains employee and client confidentiality at all times; adherence to HIPAA.
37. Documents hours worked on the appropriate time sheets.
38. Promote the continuing education for nurses and aides – example: providing monthly in-service workshops
39. Demonstrates knowledge of leadership and management principles including knowledge of agency policies
40. Professional career objectives are developed and implemented.
41. Communicates the goals and philosophy of this home healthcare agency to others.
42. Compassionate and friendly demeanor.
43. Facilitates timely client discharges.
44. Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
45. Able to wear personal protective equipment as needed.
46. Maintains work and health compliance according to agency policies.
47. Familiarize self with agency’s Emergency Preparedness Plan and be available for emergencies.
48. Ability to travel.
49. Assist with the implementation of scheduling and coordinating skilled cases.
50. Assist with private duty nursing applicant employment inquires
51. Serve as backup to Personal Care Aide supervision
While the world has had to stay at home during the pandemic, we have continued to provide the care that our clients need so they and their families could remain in the safety of their homes, and it is working!
We have open positions for Full time, Part-Time, and PRN; RNs, and LPNs to join our Pediatric team. We have clinically strong and experienced nursing admin staff that work together with you and the client.
Hours are flexible depending on client needs and staff availability. No weekend commitments but they are available. All shifts and flexible times are needed. Call our office to speak to our staff about questions and opportunities.
Accucare Home Health
Get fresh Nursing Supervisor RN jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.