Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We're mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Senior Software Engineer in Test is responsible for designing, developing, and analyzing automated test suites and tools for Accruent's real estate performance management software. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates in Test, reviewing manual test suites for automation, and developing automation tools and utilities in a variety of programming languages for a web-based enterprise application.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you!
This position reports directly to the Manager, Engineering and will be located in Accruent's Office in New Orleans, Louisiana.
How you'll make a difference:
- Develop automation by writing components, tools, and scripts to automate the owned test cases
- Develop powerful tools and automation systems to accelerate product development, ensuring long-term quality
- Automate existing black box tests (all tiers) for functional and performance uses
- Ensure the successful execution of the automated test suite.
- Ensure the teams and roles you work with are following the standards and best practices when working with QA
- Create test documentation (test strategies, plans, designs, scripts) derived from a variety of sources (business use cases, functional specifications, object models, relational diagrams, class diagrams, and system diagrams) to support individual and group testing efforts.
- Create feature test plans and cases, and supporting applications, harnesses, and automation to successfully test at the API, class, interface, data access, and application layers
- Assist in maintaining quality of work through regular code reviews
- Mentor entry level Software Associates in Test on engineering and company best practices
- Advocate for quality software development by influencing and improving upstream development processes, creating a proactive approach to quality in all its forms
- Analyzes test results to determine where application bugs exist and where tests need improvement
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of test experience
- 4+ years of programing experience (C#, Java, Ruby, Python)
- 3+ years of test automation experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics or graduation from Technical School
- Experience with .NET Framework 4.5 and MS Visual Studio 2013
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented concepts
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
- Preferred skills/experience:
- Knowledge of industry testing/development best practices
- Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Scalable Enterprise Web Based Applications
- Automated Testing Using Python, PERL, Java, Robot Framework, Selenium, SQL, Jenkins, etc.
- Using unit test frameworks such as xUnit or JUnit
- Building mocks/stubs to perform isolated testing
- Mobile Platform Testing (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)
- UI/UX, CLI, Microservice, and API Testing
- Cloud IaaS Solutions (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Database Management Systems
- Linux and Windows Server/IIS Environments Testing
- Proven ability to write test automation frameworks or harnesses
- Experience with Crucible, Git, and Jenkins
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
Accruent helps real estate, asset and facilities leaders deliver long-term, world-class operational and financial performance through industry-specific suites that deliver greater customer value. Accruent's solutions are at work in more than 5,400 leading organizations worldwide, including 40 of the top 100 retailers, 20 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of leading universities, all 4 of the top U.S. wireless carriers, 55 percent of U.S. hospitals as well as leading service providers managing more than four billion square feet of property. Founded in 1995, Accruent is headquartered in Austin with U.S. offices in Los Angeles, Evanston and Boston. Outside of the U.S., Accruent has offices in Burnaby, B.C.; Calgary, Alta.; Vaughan, Ont.; Reading, U.K.; Hyderabad, India and Hong Kong. For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity,Affirmative Actionemployer.Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.