Home Health Aide - Lake City (Casual)
Accra Care Lake City, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
Home Health Aide – High Street House (Assisted Living Facility)
Accra is a non-profit organization offering the best in personalized, self-directed home care. Accra provides employee, client, and billing services for various programs including Personal Care Assistance (PCA) Choice, Fiscal Support Entity (FSE) and Home Health Agencies. Our corporate office is in Minnetonka and offer services in all of Minnesota’s 87 counties, with offices in Minnetonka, Alexandria, Red Wing, Fergus Falls, Moorhead, Winona, Lake City, Duluth, Grand Rapids, Bemidji, and Brainerd. Accra is seeking a Home Health Aide for our Lake City - High Street House team.
The Home Health Aide provides supportive and personal care assistance up to 11 residents, laundry and light housekeeping in Accra's Assisted Living Facility. Reports to RN Case Manager.
Picks up shifts occasionally in a 24-hour Assisted Living Facility. Employee would be assigned two shifts a month at minimum and casual hours after that.
- Successful completion of a formal certification training program and/or a written skills assessment test and competency evaluation.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Desired to have six (6) months’ work experience in a supervised setting, preferably health care facility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and follow a written Plan of Care.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Current driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Performs personal care activities.
- Performs services essential to health care in our facility.
- Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the RN Case Manager (per state nurse practice laws and agency policy).
- Documents cares provided and completes the forms required for the client’s records. Completes the appropriate records to document cares given and pertinent observations.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Accra will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Accra does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military service, union membership, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status with regards to public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law
Powered by JazzHR