Accounting Department.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you're someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It's been an exciting 15 years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
Virtual Senior Controller, CPA
The CPA would be responsible for managing the activities of several Accounting Specialists and providing controllership services to our clients. We are looking for self-motivated candidates, who can provide superior and responsive professional services for clients on a telecommuting basis. This is a key management position that reports directly to the managing partners.
Candidates for consideration will be responsible to / for:
· Develop policies and procedures as they relates to client service
· Develop the role of the Senior Controller function to our client base
· Ongoing phone consultations with client base.
· Enhance reporting and analysis to our client base
· Support and train our accounting staff in performance of their daily responsibilities
· Month-end closing and issuance of financial reports to all clients every month
· Implement and start-up of new clients
· Special client projects
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience building a team/department (in growth mode)
Candidates for consideration must satisfy all of the following:
· Certified Public Accountant.
· Extensive knowledge in accounting and the controllership function (tax – not really necessary) for businesses in the under $20M market.
· 7-10 years public accounting experience; 2 years or more within public accounting environment.
· 5-7 years management experience.
· Strong experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software packages.
· Ability to multi-task and set daily, weekly and monthly priorities.
· High degree of computer literacy, including extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office, and specifically Outlook.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Home office environment including separate work area, Windows 7 or higher, and broadband Internet access (DSL or Cable ONLY; satellite not qualified.)
We offer a competitive salary, medical/supplemental benefits, a family friendly environment, and an outstanding opportunity to telecommute.
AccountingDepartment.com is an equal opportunity employer.