AccountingDepartment.com is the leader in outsourced virtual accounting services for small and mid-size businesses - and our family is growing! Perhaps your next career adventure awaits!
AccountingDepartment.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you're someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It's been an exciting 15 years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
The Accounting Manager leads the day-to-day activities of several remote Accounting Specialists, while managing the monthly, quarterly and semi-annually close process for a variety of clients. This individual is responsible for budget preparations, and special projects as requested by the clients. As a hands-on leader, the Accounting Manager will inspire, mentor, provide timely feedback, conduct performance reviews and be a resource for all direct reports. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and embody client service management expertise, the ability to prioritize multiple deliverables simultaneously and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of the management team within a collaborative environment, people-centered culture, while also being an integral part of the strategic growth and development of an award-winning organization!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads a team of virtual accounting specialists to accomplish priorities and deliverables in order to meticulously deliver timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and semi-annual financial reporting packages to assigned clients
- Support, train, and mentor a team of Accounting Specialists. Includes conducting performance reviews, managing deliverables, developing goals, setting expectations, and providing ongoing feedback on performance and development opportunities.
- Provides leadership to Accounting Specialists by assisting with questions pertaining to procedures, non-routine transactions and client inquiries
- Review the financial statements, 1099s, sales tax and payroll tax prepared by Accounting Specialists to ensure accuracy
- Conducts client budgeting preparations
- Reviews financial statements with clients in an interactive session
- Delivers exceptional client interaction experiences via all means of communication, such as telephone, webcam, and email
- Identifies areas for improvement and/or tools that can be utilized to gain efficiencies for assigned clients
- Ensures appropriate and accurate adherence to individual client contract details and budgets
- Completes ad hoc special client projects
- Executes team meetings
- Some travel for training and team meetings is required
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have experience working in Accounting Services or CPA firm - minimum 5 years
- 3+ management experience with demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient at providing feedback (ideas and/or recommendations for improvements) to staff members and management
- Thrives in a fast-paced, multi-client dynamic environment
- Confident in one’s abilities and able to work independently, with minimal direction
- Possesses a sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done in a timely, accurate fashion
- Sound understanding of sales and payroll tax
- Organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Must be flexible; changes focus quickly as demands change with assignments
- Must be decisive and work well under pressure
- High degree of computer literacy, including extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office, and accounting applications
- Ability to acclimate to various client environments, personalities and management styles. Exhibits emotional intelligence when managing others and clients.
- Displays excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Must enjoy training others and be able to display patience when doing so
- Comfort level using webcam as means of communication, both internally and with clients
MINIMUM EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Tax experience preferred
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software packages
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
• Work from home, W-2 position
• Generous vacation and paid holidays
• Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Accident Insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Casual dress
How to become part of our future success:
If you believe you have what it takes to assume this new role, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Only candidates that submit these criteria will be considered.
When you join our team, you aren't just getting a "new job" - you're joining a family. The AccountingDepartment.com family believes in a work-life balance, collaboration, supporting individual growth both personally and professionally, and appreciating employee contributions.