Remote Client Accounting Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Client Accounting Specialist’s responsibilities include A/P, A/R, payroll and month-end closing processes, as well as other accounting related functions as requested by client. The successful candidate will be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple client needs, while maintaining a high level of accounting services and professionalism. Must be comfortable with communicating with clients, both on the phone and webcam, while placing a high emphasis on client service in this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily accounts payable, accounts receivable/invoicing and banking for multiple clients, as required
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of daily transactions
- Posting of journal entries to balance sheet and income statement based upon predetermined methods and routines
- Update balance sheet accounts, including weekly and monthly reconciliations
- Conduct daily posting and/or downloads for bank accounts/credit cards, as required
- Process client payroll with 3rd party vendor
- Successfully use, monitor and review any 3rd party applications per client request/requirements
- Review and process monthly and/or quarterly sales and use tax, as required
- Reconcile quarterly payroll filings with the general ledger
- Review and manage month end close process
- Occasional special projects as requested
- Lead client calls to provide high emphasis on customer service
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years performing full charge bookkeeping
- 3-5 years using QuickBooks and/or NetSuite Software
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to interact with various levels of management, staff and clients internally and externally
- Working knowledge of prepaids, accruals, and deferred revenue
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple clients simultaneously
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in 3rd party applications to enhance efficiencies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be decisive and work well with a deadline driven environment
- Confident in one’s abilities and able to work independently, with minimal direction
- Must be a US Citizen residing in the US - Candidates outside of the US will not be considered. Applications submitted via job posting from California, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York will not be considered as we are not actively recruiting in those states.
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
- Work from home, W-2 position
- Three work schedule options including Full-Time, Flex-Time or Part-Time (Part-Time hours must be M-F 9am-3pm in your time zone, with flexibility to accommodate client calls and meetings outside of those hours as needed)
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Accident Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Casual dress
How to become part of our future success:
If you believe you have what it takes to assume this new role, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Only candidates that submit these criteria will be considered.
Our professionals provide fully outsourced accounting departments to companies throughout the U.S. Our CPA/Controllers, accounting specialists, and other accounting and operational professionals come from all walks of life, all areas of the country and all views and beliefs. They color our world, enhance our abilities, and make us who we are. All employees are full-time, W-2 employees with benefits including generous paid time off, flexible work environments and a matching 401k program. As a virtual company, the only location we require is that you reside in the U.S. When you join our team, you aren’t just getting a “new job” — you’re joining a family. The AccountingDepartment.com family believes in a work-life balance, supporting individual growth both personally and professionally, and appreciating employee contributions.
It's been an exciting 18 years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?