Accounting Principals is currently seeking a Staff Accountant for a full-time job for an international law firm in New York, NY. This role will work directly with senior management to support ongoing accounting duties. The selected candidate will be coordinating and reviewing all accounting functions, financial statements and assisting with processing payroll.
This is a contract-to-hire role that is offering the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of accounting duties and to become part of a dedicated and driven team. We are looking to interview for this opportunity as soon as possible. If you are interested in this role, apply today!
- Handle bank reconciliations
- General ledger and financial reporting
- Assisting with the month end close
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Update and maintain financial statement spreadsheets and maintain ledgers
- Assist with processing payroll
- Assist with the Accounts Payable and the Accounts Receivable departments
- Track fixed assets and record depreciation
- Ad hoc reporting as needed
- A Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUPS)
- Experience with accounting software is highly preferred (ProLaw / Elite is a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Must be able to analyze data and prepare reports
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- Full-time, Temp to Hire
- 40 hours per week
To learn more about this job opening, please submit an application and current resume. Not quite what you were looking for? Browse our other available jobs in your location on the Accounting Principals website.