Accounting Principals Moonachie, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Accounting Principals has partnered with a Moonachie, New Jersey based company in their search to hire a Staff Accountant. This is a direct hire position that will report directly to the Controller. The company has experienced continued growth and is looking to add to their existing staff. Good opportunity to join a collaborative team that treats one another like family! Please note that this role is 100% on-site. This position also requires someone who can maintain confidentiality.
- Record journal entries for payroll, deposits, and sales.
- Assist in the preparation of financial management reports.
- Assist the Controller in analyzing financial performance versus forecast and budget, investigate variances and communicate findings.
- Participate in the preparation of corporate budgets and forecasts.
- Identify, analyze and present business opportunities/improvements that positively impact financial results.
- Assist in the implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Enter accounts receivable invoices into portals.
- Enter commissions for the Sales Department.
- File sales tax.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Prepare and submit state sales tax returns.
- Submit to payroll service all pertinent information for both hourly and salaried employees.
- Reconcile bank accounts and checks
- Reconcile accounts receivable and accounts payable invoices.
- Process Company 401k.
- Assist external auditors with year-end audit.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Understanding of fundamental GAAP principles
- The ability to manipulate spreadsheets within Excel
- Good communication skills
- Respect for the confidential nature of the position and the ability to ensure departmental cooperation with the same.
This position will offer an annual salary of $55,000-$65,000 dependent upon experience. Well-qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Accounting Principals