Staff Accountant (Remote - California)
Accounting Principals Stockton, CA
- Expired: 23 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are actively looking to add a Staff Accountant to our ranks! We're an established health club chain headquartered in the Central Valley and with reopening upon us are getting our accounting team back up to full strength. Our ideal candidate is someone with excellent reconciliation skills who has an adaptability trait (we just had a corporate restructure and are handling quite a bit of change right now).
Please keep in mind this position will be 100% remote although we would prefer someone semi-local to maybe someday meet face to face (we aren't anticipating any sort of in-person activities for the next year at least).
Willing to pay 55-70k per year DOE and are open to a fairly fresh graduate profile with at least a year of solid experience on the lower end of the pay scale.
We're partnering with Andrew Walsh from Accounting Principals to help us find our ideal match. Please read the description below and if this sounds like it may be a fit for you, please email Andy directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or apply here directly. We're looking to conduct interview late next week and look forward to hearing from you!
The Accountant reports to the Sr. VP, Accounting, Treasury & Procurement and is a significant contributor to the accuracy and efficiency of the financial reporting process. This individual will be responsible for reviewing accounting functions and financial statements in a timely fashion. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who can grow and adapt to our evolving company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare various monthly account reconciliations
- Analyze financial statement accounts on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Prepare and post general ledger entries
- Assist with real property lease management and lease accounting
- Reconcile all long term debt accounts including accrued interest
- Research unusual items in GL accounts and correct as needed
- Support the accounting management team during the company’s annual financial statement audit including preparation of certain work papers and financial statement disclosures
- Assist with developing, documenting and monitoring internal controls
- Review and approve various disbursements
- Collaborate on problem solving in identified company risk areas
- Prepare various management reports and distribute to other department managers
- Analyze other metrics as needed
- Complete other projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Accounting
- 1+ year relevant work experience preferred
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Enjoys evolving work environments and new process development resulting from company growth and internal initiatives
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and work with tight deadlines
- Strong skills with MS Office with an emphasis on Excel (vlookups and pivot tables)
- Knowledge of Sage MAS500 a plus
- Ability to communicate with executive management in an articulate, clear and concise manner
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Again if this sounds like something you'd be willing to explore, please reach out to Andy right away! He's conducting vetting interviews asap!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Accounting Principals