Senior Staff Accountant
Accounting Principals is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant with 6 or more years of experience to join a dynamic accounting team at a well-established management consulting firm in Vienna, VA. This is a direct hire position paying up to $100,000 per year with excellent opportunities for growth within the company.
Primary responsibilities for this role include supervision of the monthly close process, interim and final financial statement preparation with supporting schedules, reconciliation and collection of inter-company receivables and payables, treasury management, budget preparation, and working with an outside CPA firm on taxes and audits. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in the real-estate or construction industries, as well as experience managing accounting and finance departments. A CPA is preferred, but not required.
- Establish corporate accounting policies and procedures and update as needed
- Prepare corporate cash deposits and record in accounting system
- Update monthly corporate cash flow with variance analysis
- Overall cash management policies and procedures
- Process and executing bank draw as needed
- Preparation of annual budget
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of annual tax and audit work with outside CPA firm
- Implement a process to record transactions by company, project, or job cost, and compare costs incurred to budget and performance analysis of profit centers
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
- Preparation of monthly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
- Preparation of the billing of asset management, incentive fees, acquisition, disposition and other fees monthly, quarterly, annually in accordance with the respective agreements
- Coordinate and record investments made in deal funds and development projects
- Supervision of all accounts payable processed in corporate office. This includes corporate payables, payables for other closely held entities, allocations of costs incurred on behalf of multiple entities
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance from a well-recognized university
- At least 6 years of full-cycle accounting experience; experience managing accounting/finance departments a plus
- 3+ years of experience working as a Staff/Senior Accountant in construction or real estate, utilizing job costing accounting
- Exceptional software skills and experience with Sage 300 (formerly Timberline), Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to analyze, organize, summarize, and articulate complex financial information
- Team player attitude with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks.
- CPA strongly preferred but not required
If you are interested in this position, apply today on accountingprincipals.com!