Accounting Principals West Hempstead, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for maintaining the general ledger in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles; assisting in the monthly closing and reporting process; balance sheet account reconciliations. Acts as POC on annual audit and manages the process.
Primary Duties & Essential Functions:
- Assist in the facilitation of internal audits and preparation for external audits.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports.
- Perform detailed general ledger account analysis and respond to requests from senior management.
- Perform internal audits for closed and current programs.
- Identify opportunities for the finance department to improve its processes.
- Assist in the preparation of responses to follow up on audit reports and findings.
- Supports a timely monthly closing and reporting process, including the review and/or preparation of monthly journal entries, updating balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assist in the monitoring of current General Ledger activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting with a working knowledge of GAAP, or Associate’s Degree and 6 years’ experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in accounting and/or finance. MRI experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite - high proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
- Real Estate experience.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, work independently, remote situations.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
AddressWest Hempstead, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Accounting Principals