Accounting Principals is looking for a full-time temp to hire Senior Accountant for a great company in Concord, Ca.
This is a hands-on position in most aspects of accounting for the company with responsibilities to include billings and collections, reconciliations, general ledger maintenance and generating financial reports for senior management. The company is in the Construction industry and any experience in that industry will stand out to the client!
Job Skills required:
- Accounting experience in fast paced environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 6+ years’ experience in accounting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Administrative and organization skills
- Multi-tasking and accuracy of work product is a must
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Team Player is a must
- Ability to cross train with other accounting staff
- Responsible for payroll, must understand and have processed payroll.
- Responsible for 401(k) payments using an online system.
- Will assist the owner and CFO with certain HR responsibilities.
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger including cash reconciliation, credit card reconciliation, and monthly recurring journal entries.
- Responsible for booking accruals and prepaids – must understand how to analyze these accounts.
- Responsible for AR – which includes booking billings and cash, checks and credit card transactions daily. Daily billing reconciliations; process, review and post credit and debit memos, review collections reports and work with the CFO on timing of collections. Must understand and have reported sales tax in multiple jurisdictions.
- Responsible for month end closes of A/R, G/L and cash.
Base Pay – between $80K to $90K depending on experience – will include overtime
Medical, dental Insurance
Retirement Program – 401(k)
If you are interested in this or other Senior Accountant positions available through Accounting Principals please submit your resume today at www.accountingprincipals.com !
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applican The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.