I have partnered with a very prestigious Real Estate firm in Dallas, TX to identify a Payroll Tax Analyst. If you match up to the background below, please APPLY ASAP!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year college or university in Accounting or related field
- A minimum of three years payroll tax experience, including federal and multi state.
- Finance/Accounting knowledge or experience required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Knowledge of payroll processes including pay calculations, tax geographical location (state, territory, etc.) taxation rules, etc.
- Ability to solve problems involving complex options in variable situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical skills.
- PeopleSoft system knowledge required.Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications and other third party tax research tools.
Summary: Responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, federal and global regulations and filing of local, state, and federal and global payroll tax returns. Directly responsible for working with a third party to ensure accurately and timely remittance of all taxes.
- Sets up new government, unemployment and locality as required for third party administrator and human resources information systems (HRIS) system.
- Processes invoices to Treasury/Accounting impound for daily tax payments.
- Ensures commission taxes withheld are correct.
- Ensures timely and accurate updates to employees tax panels.
- Reviews and processes government tax returns and employee data.
- Provides annual salary, bonus and commission for year-to-date wages and taxes related to relocation charge/reimbursement.
- Ensures compliance with workers' compensation and government disability required withholding.
- Tests system tax updates for accuracy.
- Researches and reviews wage base discrepancies for annual reporting.
- Reviews third party sick pay and ensure appropriate reporting. Other duties may be assigned.