Accounting Principals is seeking a sharp, knowledgeable Mortgage Loan Officer in NE Albuquerque, NM for a local credit union that is looking at expand their team! The ideal candidate is one who has experience with home equity loans, long term-mortgage loans while providing excellent customer service. Company offers excellent benefits including 401k.
- Responsible for the effective and professional completion of assigned loan origination functions.
- Discusses loan alternatives, credit criteria, interest rates, and loan documentation in such a manner as to elicit positive responses from members.
- Conveys policies for extension of credit in accordance with compliance with FNMA, FHA, VA, GNMA and/or KFCU guidelines/policies.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relations with members, realtors and home construction professionals.
- Counsels members regarding money management and financial matters. Counsels members whose loan requests were denied, explaining reasons and alternatives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge in determining credit worthiness and analyzing credit reports.
- Experience with member experience, identifying needs and providing solutions in a professional manner.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to multi-task and has excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with mortgage products, regulations, and processes for Conventional, FHA, VA, and adjustable Rate Mortgages.
- Knowledge of Credit Union loan products, policies, procedures and processing.
- Knowledge with title reports, insurance, and appraisals.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal mortgage-related laws.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience with meeting and exceeding goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Three-five years of experience working with mortgage and home equity loans preferred.
- Current NMLS license or ability to obtain one
Employment Type: Full-Time, Temp-to-Hire Employment Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
If this position sounds of interest to you, submit your resume today! Not quite what you’re looking for? Browse our other openings at the Albuquerque Accounting Principals website. https://www.accountingprincipals.com/locations/albuquerque-nm-accounting-staffing-agencies
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified appli The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.