Manufacturing Cost Accountant/Financial Analyst
Accounting Principals Phillipsburg, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MANUFACTURING COST ACCOUNTANT/FINANCIAL ANALYST
Accounting Principals has a client in Phillipsburg, NJ who needs a Manufacturing Cost Accountant/Financial Analyst. This is an on-site temp to hire opportunity.
Manufacturing Cost Accountant/Financial Analyst Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Cost Accountant conducts financial analysis activities such as budget variance analysis, capital budgeting, audit, risk management and cash management.
Working with the manufacturing team in the plant in various departments to make sure inventory is correct, understanding variance in the production area, general accounting, system experience a must, experience in Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, FP&A and Must be MS Excel power user.
Ensures systems controls are in place and determines operation's consistency with corporate objectives and standards through various verification methods and procedures.
Analyzes income statements and prepares reports on findings to make recommendations to management; Prepares annual, quarterly, or monthly financial and operational reports and assist with the evaluation of business results.
- Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance and other areas of business.
- Audits financial data and various statements, including cash flow, income, and balance sheets to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares baseline financial models compiling data from various sources.
- Prepares product line profitability analyses.
- Researches and recommends options and solutions for organizational improvement in expenses.
- Prepares operating budgets for units or departments based on actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports and other factors.
- Develops financial models in support of the annual budget and forecasting processes.
- Assists department managers in the development of department and organization-wide budgets.
- Evaluates and determines profit margin increases and possible improvements in efficiency.
- Analyzes availability of current resources and makes recommendations on allocation.
- Gathers data to support budgeting analysis and forecasting.
- Analyzes current budgets to determine if funds are appropriately spent.
Consolidates data from other departments into operating and capital budgets.
- Prepares budget reports and summary documents and reviews for accuracy.
Review’s expenditures of requisitioning departments to ensure conformance to budget.
- Maintains records of expenses, inventories and budget balances.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Job Duties:
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
-Bachelor's degree in business or finance
-MBA with 8 - 9 years’ experience in financial analysis, budgeting or similar discipline
-CPA / CA / CFA with 5 - 6 years exp. in financial analysis, budgeting or similar discipline
-KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
-Excellent knowledge of Accounting / Finance.
-Excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
-Excellent excel skills.
-Excellent knowledge of budgeting, cash management, and financial analysis processes.
-Team handling experience.
If you feel you are a fit for the Manufacturing Cost Accountant/Financial Analyst position please apply above now, or send you resume directly to: Ryan.Paul@accountingprincipals.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Accounting Principals