Full Charge Bookkeeper
Accounting Principals is currently seeking a Full-Charge Bookkeeper for a family owned company in the Walnut Creek, CA area. Please apply right away to be considered!
Ensure timely and accurate recording of all accounting transactions and hands on participation with daily accounting functions. This includes but is not limited to:
- Accounts Receivable – responsible for timely billing and collection of receivables
- Accounts Payable – responsible for recording all invoices and weekly check runs
- General Ledger – candidate must be experienced in generating journal entries and financial reporting with a clear understanding of GAAP. Also, it is preferred that candidate has job costing experience in the construction/manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of payroll tax laws and complete oversight of payroll activities - candidate will be responsible for running weekly payroll
- Working knowledge of corporate income tax, state sales tax, personal property tax.
- Liaison for internal and external auditors associated with annual financial audits and any special audit functions
- Responsible for Bank Reconciliations
- Proficient in general liability, workers compensation, health insurance and builders risk insurance products and the ability to communicate with owners, project teams and brokers concerning all insurance matters
- Some knowledge of employment laws and human resources policies and procedures to allow collaboration with the Human Resource Manager
- 5-10+ years Full-Charge Bookkeeping experience
- Demonstrated organizational, leadership, interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, reasoning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in accounting software that includes job costing, Excel and other MS programs
To learn more about this job opening, please submit an application and current resume. Not quite what you were looking for? Browse our other available jobs in your location on the Accounting Principals website.