Accounting Principals Boca Raton, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Accounting Principals is hiring for a Division Accountant in the Boca Raton, FL area. Our client is looking for a Division Accountant with a strong real estate/construction Accounting background. This is a great company that offers excellent benefits.
You are a good fit if:
- Prior Real Estate/Construction accounting
- Multiple Entity experience
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Reconciles monthly interest and loan balances to lender statements.
- Prepares bank reconciliations.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as safety, non-discrimination, information systems and harassment prevention.
- Multi-family real estate industry experience with an emphasis in construction is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
This position will pay $55-$65k depending on resume and experience. Please apply today!
Position: Division Accountant
Reports To: Accounting Manager
EEO Class: Professional
The Division Accountant is primarily responsible for preparing month end closes as well as financial statement preparation, including preparation and posting of journal entries, analysis of balance sheet accounts, analysis of construction P&L accounts, and initiating all wires within their region. Other responsibilities include review of property management financial statement package, cash management and monthly draw preparation.
· Obtains necessary information for month-end close with preparation and entry of monthly journal entries, bank reconciliation, and maintenance of cash sheets.
· Completes balance sheet schedules for utilization in the correct reporting of monthly financials and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
· Prepares financial statements and supporting schedules for all entities in assigned portfolio.
· Manages cash activity - Initiates wire transfers and records all cash activity related to their portfolio in a timely manner,
· Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related field is required for this position.
· Minimum of one to three years experience in accounting and full financial statement preparation is required
· Ability to read, write and understand English.
· Ability to use a personal computer and working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and accounting software systems.
· Ability to use general office equipment such as telephone, fax machine, printer, scanner, copier and 10-key.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
· Professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to perform advanced mathematical and accounting functions.
· Ability to follow and apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Ability to perform cash forecasting, planning and management.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to set and meet goals.
· Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Must maintain professional appearance.
· Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; overtime may be required.
Physical Demands· Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
· Moderate standing, reaching, walking, stooping and lifting.
· Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands and wrists.
· Pronounced visual activity (near and far) and field of vision.
· Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
· Ability to identify and distinguish color.
· Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
· Ability to compare, compute, compile, copy, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, instruct and communicate.
· Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
· Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision
· Standard office working environment.
· Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with others.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities to be performed. It should be noted, therefore, that associates may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
AddressBoca Raton, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Accounting Principals