Controller / Business Unit Finance Manager
Accounting Principals Oklahoma City, OK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Controller / Business Unit Finance Manager
- Target Salary: 120K annual + up to 25% Bonus
- Hybrid Schedule (2-3 Days in office): Oklahoma City, OK 73179
- We strive to create a workplace that is meaningful and rewarding at every level of our organization. Our employees thrive in an atmosphere where safety is revered, and each person can be a compassionate steward of our environment. We hire the best people to make this a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We’re proud to be recognized on Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes Best Employers for Women, Forbes Best Large Employers and Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies lists. This is also the only company in our industry that is a certified Great Place to Work.
- Manages accounting and payroll personnel and provides direction to the different accounting functional areas (invoice processing, billing, cash receipts, work order processing, credit analysis, receivable collections, month-end close, journal entries, statistical data, and payroll).
- Manages financial internal control processes across all business unit functional areas (sales, customer service, operations, HR, payroll, etc.) to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, including Sarbanes Oxley and all other statutory requirements.
- Ensures that all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Manages reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts and reviews financial statements and supporting documentation to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles(GAAP) and Company policies and procedures.
- Interviews, hires, trains and develops accounting staff at the business unit.
- Provides analytical support to sales and marketing for customer pricing and profitability analysis, commercial and municipal bids, and any market development projects. Updates and maintains division pricing model per corporate policy.
- Provides the General Manager with financial analytics to support sound and profitable business decisions.
- Provides accounting direction and analytical support to all departments, as required, within the division. (General management, sales, operations, maintenance, customer service, etc.)
- Manages credit and collection function in an effort to maximize division cash-flow. Ensures division is in compliance with company credit and stop service policies.
- Manages the accounting aspects of capital expenditures, transfers and retirements. Reviews and approves all related asset management sub-ledger transactions.
- Supports and provides financial expertise to the General Manager during the annual budget and interim forecasting process. Manages workflow, timeliness and analytical
- Ability to professionally interact and influence the region, area and division leadership team as well as staff and customers to effectively accomplish goals in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative to thoughtfully research and follow up on non-standard situations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively coach, mentor and train others to meet performance expectations as described above.
- Ability to work through others to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Ability to establish processes and procedures to ensure effective department workflow.
- Ability to track, measure and manage performance is required.
- MS Excel skills at an intermediate level.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment.
- Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal direction from leadership.
- An understanding of business unit operational functions and related needs and requirements and the ability identify issues, weigh options and provide effective counsel to support sound business decisions.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley 404, and compliance requirements of other financial statutes.
- Knowledge of State and local statutory requirements that govern financial reporting and accounting.
- Experience with Lawson accounting software. Advanced skill level with Excel.
- MBA and/or Certified Public Accounting (CPA) license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of related accounting or financial experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of management, supervisory or lead experience.
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans, and vision coverage.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Unit Finance Manager manages the accounting workflow and provides accounting direction and analytical support to division management. This position is responsible for the overall quality of accounting and statutory financial compliance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
AddressOklahoma City, OK
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Accounting Principals