We are in search of a skilled and self-motivated Compliance Auditor to join the MH Miles Company team. The Compliance Auditor will be based in the DMV area. The Compliance Auditor will take an active role in engagement execution, project management and direct auditing of contracting entities with government agencies. This role will be responsible for conducting audits and compliance reviews. In addition to performing the various auditing and monitoring tasks, this role requires flexibility, problem solving capabilities, excellent time management and excellent attention to detail. Great communication skills are a must, as well as familiarity with all necessary governing policies and procedures required when auditing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Entry level position under the supervision of the audit supervisor
· Perform Accounting System Reviews, Overhead Audits, Contract Compliance Audits, and Financial Statement Audits
· Perform Internal Control Testing
· Familiarity with TeamMate by Wolters Kluwer a plus
· Familiarity with Engagement Audit software by Thomson Reuters
· Complete and document detailed audit/review steps in compliance with departmental and professional standards
· Keep audit manager/partner informed on a timely basis about the results of the audit/review.
· Prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, manage ambiguity, and work under tight time deadlines.
· Demonstrate understanding of GAAP and audit/review procedures across assignments.
· Work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
· Develop an understanding of MHMC audit/review approach, methodology & tools.
· Perform analytical review of audit/review documents.
· Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control.
· Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise.
· Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor.
· Conduct all phases of the audit including planning and research, risk assessment, fieldwork, reporting of findings, and other procedures as required
· Demonstrate excellence in communication skills, data gathering, analysis, reporting, and process improvement
· Maintain thorough electronic documentation
· Up to 30% travel required
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both in writing and verbally.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus
· Ability to keep manager and/or partner apprised of progress and problems and review timely to meet established deadlines.
· Ability to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget.
· Ability to recognize accounting and/or auditing issues while working on assigned areas and bring them to the attention of the manager on the engagement.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Similar field.
· Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, GAGAS, FAR31, and Code of Federal Regulations.
· Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills and solid Microsoft Suite skills required.
· Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Accounting FirmWe provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.