One of Lafayette's largest, and most respected Certified Public Accounting firms is seeking talented, highly motivated accounting professionals to join its Audit Department. The firm is currently seeking senior level audit staff as well as an audit management position.
Qualifications for the senior audit staff is 3+ years recent audit experience in public accounting including experience in governmental and not for profit entities. Candidate must be prepared to spend time at client's offices conducting field work including occasional out of town travel.
Qualifications for the audit management position include, overseeing the work of the entire department including quality control review of all engagements, scheduling of engagements, monitoring and scheduling of continuing education for departmental staff including monitoring compliance with the requirements of various oversight agencies.
This position also has responsibility as a liaison between the partner in charge of the department and the departmental staff. This position requires strong financial and administrative management skills and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization and to clients.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 8 years of public accounting experience including management
- Experience in audits under Government Auditing Standards and Uniform Guidance
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with staff and firm clients
- Extremely process/ detail oriented
- Experience in the Thompson Reuters suite of accounting products including PPC, CSA, Advanced Flow, Go File Room and others in the suite
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in accounting or related field with an active Louisiana CPA license
- Advanced Management Skills
- Finance/Accounting Acumen
- Listening, mentoring and constructive feedback skills
- Exceptional Organizational Ability
- Project/Process Management Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Client Relations
- Talent Development
- Conflict Resolution
- Strong Ethics and Integrity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depends on Experience
Competitive pay and benefits package are offered. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.