We are looking for an Accountant (Public) to join our team! You will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial records for many companies.
Full service bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and tax firm seeks full charge bookkeeper/accountant with current relevant experience. Will work with clients to prepare financial statements, prepare and remit multi-state sales tax, enter accounts payable, prepare invoices, process payroll, enter debit card charges, reconcile bank, credit card, paypal and merchant accounts. You will communicate with the client each week about the progress of their file and be their key contact.
This is a demanding position that requires handling many different client files. You must be able to switch from project to project while maintaining speed and accuracy, with excellent memory skills. This also requires incredible tact, poise and skillful communication; especially when engaging with our clients about their confidential and urgent financial matters.
The job says Full time, however, I am open to 25 ++ hours a week and a flexible AT the office schedule. This position will require a lot of client interaction and communication.
• Ideally, have Xero experience- Xero Certified preferred, but NOT required to apply.
• Detail-oriented, able to multi-task, self-motivated- Be able to handle 20+ clients in different industries.
• Data Entry- Daily entries into client files
• Project cash flow requirements on a weekly basis
• Establish, monitor & maintain yearly budgets.
• Job Cost analysis
• MS Office, Google Email, Google Calendar and ability to learn new software easily/quickly
• A/R, A/P, General Ledger, journal entries and bank & credit card reconciliations
• GAAP, Basic accounting principles and the ability to think in the terms of “T” accounts, a must
• Be the “go-to” person for the clients assigned to you
• Weekly and Monthly Reports- Be able to work directly with clients to resolve outstanding issues
• Financial Reports- Ability to review and discuss importance of items on Balance Sheet, & Profit and Loss
• Managerial Accounting- Help our clients understand how to be more profitable with the data in their file
• General understanding of how payroll works and extreme attention to detail regarding payroll deadlines
• Xero Skills Check, or willingness to learn and get certified
• Accounting Skills Check
• Bachelors Degree Preferred, but not required, in accounting
• Ability to meet deadlines on a continuous basis.
When applying, I require the following information or your resume will NOT be considered.
1 - If you don't have a Bachelors degree in Accounting, please elaborate on your skills
2 - What rate of pay were you receiving at your most recent position?
3 - Have you ever worked in public accounting?
- How many years of Accounting experience do you have?
- How many years of Public Accounting experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: Bachelor's?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- We do offer health insurance and other benefits.