Job Title: Indirect Tax Senior Accountant
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
This is a newly created position due to growth and will serve as a great opportunity for someone to take their career upward within Indirect Tax. This is your chance to join an extremely exciting private equity backed company that is one of the most rapid growing organizations in St. Louis. Entrepreneurial and fast-paced, casual environment with an Accounting/Finance team that is full of high caliber people that care and rally around each other. Apply confidentially today!
· Lead and review both preparation and filing of sales and use taxes
· Responsible for filing of all various indirect taxes
· Create monthly journal entries for sales, use, and property taxes
· Integrate acquisitions’ filings of business licenses and indirect taxes
· Send monthly reporting for computation of sales and use taxes to necessary preparer
· Support A/P analyst to ensure real estate tax payment deadlines
· Asist leadership with ad-hoc requests as needed
· Complete due diligence pertaining to M&A
· Responsible for coordination and filing both applications and renewals of state and local business licenses
· Create and maintain list of all accounts with states for legal entities and online access to submit payments
· Evaluate and issue tax exemption certificates as needed
· Create and send monthly payment allocation of sales and use tax
· Organize master list of locations and jurisdictions to ensure compliance
· Bachelor’s in Accounting required
· Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or MBA preferred
· 3+ years of requisite indirect or specialty tax accounting experience
· Strong experience with Excel
Accounting Career Consultants has been providing direct-hire, consulting, and temporary placement services since 1985.
Locally owned with a national reach. We offer the flexibility of a local staffing company combined with the resources of a larger firm. We are committed to developing long-term relationships with both our candidates and clients. We take the time to learn what is important to our candidates and our clients to help ensure a good fit for all parties.
Awards & Recognition:
2019 Forbes America’s Best 250 Professional Search Firms List-Ranked #63
2016-2017 St. Louis Business Journal Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2017 St. Louis Business Journal Largest Temporary Staffing Firms
2015-2017 & 2019 Future 50 Award winner by the St. Louis Small Business Monthly (Celebrating The Area's Top Growing Businesses)
Accounting Career Consultants