Accounting Career Consultants Saint Louis, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why is This a Great Opportunity?
This is the opportunity to join a non-profit, quasi-governmental organization that brings together governments from the bi-state St. Louis region to help create a better sense of community in St. Louis and to help improve the region and make an impact in our community.
They offer reasonable work/life balance, a competitive salary and great Benefits including 100% employee and 50% dependent paid health insurance with a very small deductible, a 6% 401k match plus 13 vacation days, 10 holidays & 12 sick days.
The Controller will report to the Director of Administration and will be responsible for managing all components of fiscal operation and will serve as the subject-matter expert for accounting-related matters.
The Controller’s responsibilities will include, but is not limited to:
· Supervising accounting staff, providing direction to accounting staff and delegation of duties to assigned staff that are involved in all facets of accounting including journal entries, accounts payable and payroll.
· Assistance in the preparation and monitoring of budgets including preparing the annual budget and updating the budget in accounting software.
· Coordination with other departments.
· Preparing financial statements and reports to summarize current and projected financial position for use both internally and externally including compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare balance sheets and income statements.
· Coordinating the audit of the year-end financial statements and required Single Audit, reviewing and ensuring that accounting procedures comply with GAAP pronouncements and Federal Cost Principles and Audit Requirements (2 CFR Part 200).
· Ensuring compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
· Familiarity with accounting software applications and the ability to comprehend the organization’s accounting system. Experience with other general ledger packages is preferred.
· Familiarity and prior experience with current GAAP requirements and Federal Cost Principles and Audit Requirements (2 CFR Part 200) is preferred.
· Additionally, the successful candidate should have supervisory experience, be detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills, have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Accounting Career Consultants has been providing direct-hire, consulting, and temporary placement services since 1985.
Locally owned with a national reach. We offer the flexibility of a local staffing company combined with the resources of a larger firm. We are committed to developing long-term relationships with both our candidates and clients. We take the time to learn what is important to our candidates and our clients to help ensure a good fit for all parties.
Awards & Recognition:
2019 Forbes America’s Best 250 Professional Search Firms List-Ranked #63
2016-2017 St. Louis Business Journal Fastest-Growing Private Companies
2017 St. Louis Business Journal Largest Temporary Staffing Firms
2015-2017 & 2019 Future 50 Award winner by the St. Louis Small Business Monthly (Celebrating The Area's Top Growing Businesses)
Accounting Career Consultants
12747 Olive Blvd. Suite 210Saint Louis, MO