Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health Care (Hastings)
Accord Hastings, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As an RN Home Health Staff Nurse, you will be performing nursing care services that are in accordance with federal, state, and local laws as well as policies of Accord Home Health. The agency provides services to adults with diverse cultural backgrounds with mental health, chronic, and post-acute care conditions living in the central and southeast metro, and Goodhue County areas. Through the nursing process the RN Home Health Staff Nurse provides skilled home care visits in accordance with the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act and under the supervision of the RN Clinical Manager. Experience working with adults with medical and/or mental health clients required.
Job Type: Part Time, 'Per Diem' or 'As Needed'
Job Location: Goodhue County/Hastings/ Cottage Grove Areas
- Provide professional intermittent nurse visits to adults living at home and as required to maintain and improve their health status.
- Provide professional nursing care that includes: conducting OASIS assessments; developing the plan of care; performing nursing treatments; observation and evaluation of outcomes; medication management and administration; emergency, safety, and crisis planning; teaching; disease management; care coordination; and falls mitigation.
- As a team member, you will also work independently to perform and record all services as required under the physicians orders and per state and federal licensing and payment regulations.
- Continuously give prompt communication with the care team, psychiatrists, medical providers and case managers, person served, and family.
- Contribute to the programs quality improvement goals and activities.
- Provide oversight to LPNs and home health aides as applicable and assigned.
- Valid/Current professional RN license in the State of Minnesota.
- A minimum of 1 year current professional nursing experience with prior experience in home health preferred or a Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree in Nursing
- Skilled in nursing assessments, treatments, falls prevention, medication management, disease management, care planning, teaching, and mental health support
- Prior experience with OASIS assessments preferred
- Able to work on a team and as well as independently in a home setting
- Effective application of organizational, critical thinking, problem solving, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Follows the Minnesota Nurse Practice Act
- Basic technology acumen with ability to use an electronic health record, technology for televisits, and other applications
- Collaborative, team member attitude with willingness to provide feedback to enhance program and health outcomes for clients
- Have a valid drivers license, automobile liability insurance, and a driving record that meets agency standards with reliable transportation to get to/from visits.
- Must pass a Department of Human Services background study.
- Experience working with adults with mental illness
- Knowledge of Home Health Medicare and Community based services.
The RN staff in this position will work in client's homes on per diem or as needed basis. Flexible schedule request is as determined by the RN Clinical Manager in collaboration with people receiving service and program needs. Clients will reside in Goodhue county in areas such as Hastings or Cottage Grove.