Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people who have disabilities? Are you a creative and passionate person looking to work for a dynamic organization with practices that are leading change in our industry? If you said YES to any of these, you may be just the person we are looking for to step into this role! Accord is currently looking for a Mental Health Worker to join our team.
Job Type: Part Time, Non-exempt
Schedule: Every Other Weekends 4pm-10pm
Work Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Maintain a recovery oriented, clean and safe living environment for the tenants at ACCORD adult foster care sites.
- Monitor medications that the residents are prescribed.
- Provide daily charting in staff logbook. Complete progress notes for each resident at the end of every shift.
- Assist with Treatment Planning and Implementation.
- Crisis Intervention as needed.
- Instill hope in residents and discuss recovery from mental illness as a goal that anyone and everyone can attain.
- Conduct community outings. This includes planning, driving, organizing and motivating residents to attend outings.
- Assist with meal preparation, supervise/ assist with clean up and ensure that adult foster care residents have a variety of healthy foods to choose from.
Credentials / Qualifications:
- Must have a valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Must maintain ongoing in-service requirements
- High school diploma required, prefer college level course work/degree
- CPR/First Aid certification
- One year (or more) experience working with adults with mental illness preferred
- Must pass a Department of Human Services background study.
The Mental Health Worker in this position typically works the majority of the time in an Adult Foster Home setting. Candidates will be expected to work Every Other Weekends (Sat & Sun) from 8am-4pm.