Home Health Aide (Metro Areas)
Accord Saint Paul, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an individual who wants to make a difference in other's lives and find ways to help them live independently? Accord is a non-profit organization with a 49-year history with a passion to help people live their greatest lives. Accord provides person-centered home health care services and other community-based services to adults in various counties. We are currently looking for a Home Health Aide.
The Home Health Aide will provide intermittent home health services as ordered by the health care provider and under the direction of the RN or rehabilitation therapist and according to agency licensing and practice policies/standards. The Home Health Aide is assigned to clients by the RN or therapist and performs services as necessary to maintain their personal comfort. Reports to the RN and/or rehabilitation therapist.
Job Type: Non-exempt, Part Time, Per Diem or As Needed.
Job Location: Clients living in the Twin Cities; Minneapolis, St Paul.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- As directed by the written aide care plan and RN, provides personal care services, including but not limited to: bathing, shampooing, dressing, grooming, feeding, weighing, skin and nail care, oral hygiene, shaving.
- Assisting with transfers, ambulation, and in the prevention of falls.
- Cleaning perineal areas around a urinary catheter.
- Obtaining vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration).
- Maintaining a safe environment.
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of nursing and/or rehabilitation therapy services under the direction and supervision of the RN or therapist.
- Performs range of motion exercises and assistance with exercises.
- Performs household services essential and integral to health care at home, including but not limited to: meal preparation/feeding; light laundry and housekeeping such as dishes.
- Assists with medications and other delegated nursing under the direction and supervision of the RN (per state nurse practice laws and agency policy).
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the clients condition and/or needs to the RN.
- Provides emotional support.
- Completes the appropriate records to document cares given and pertinent observations at the time care is provided.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients by observing infection control practices, following agency guidelines, and reporting unsafe situations to the RN and/or rehab therapist.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment. Does not use equipment until orientation has been provided. Notifies supervisor of educational needs.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team through verbal reports, participation in staff meetings and team conferences, as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality and data privacy in all aspects of the job.
- Participates in required training and education programs to assure compliance with licensing requirements and regulations.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and directed by the RN or rehab therapist.
- High School Diploma
- Successful completion of a formal certification training program and/or a written skills assessment test and competency evaluation
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Desired to have six (6) months work experience in a supervised setting, preferably health care facility
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and follow a written plan of care.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Crisis Intervention Skills
- Ability to understand and evaluate the potential for medical or behavioral emergencies.
- Current drivers license, good driving record and reliable transportation
The employee in this position will work in the field in clients' homes. The employee will typically work Monday through Friday, part time hours. Must be flexible to accommodate persons served schedules to a reasonable request. Visits are located in residential settings of those served so noise level, cleanliness, and odors varies. There may be exposure to pets and second-hand smoke.
We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision packages to all full-time employees (30+) and eligible dependents.
Life-insurance, short and long-term disability at no cost to employees.
Retirement plans such as 403B, 403B employer match, and savings programs, helping employees prepare for the future.
Vacation/PTO starting at 120 hours in the first year and increases after that.
Education assistance, company-paid holidays, a floating holiday, FMLA pay, and flexible working options. Flexible work arrangement opportunities vary depending on position and location.