Technical Writer (2022-0149)
- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
• Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
• Gather technical information, prepares written text
• Maintain a current internal documentation library
• Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
• Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
• Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
• Work on all phases of documentation
• Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
• Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
• Coordinate layout and design of documents
• Ability to apply 508 compliance standards
Fifteen (15) years of experience as a technical writer on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Requirements
To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, ATS may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test on a weekly basis. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
ATS is committed to a program of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, hairstyles and hair textures, handicap/disability, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by federal, state or local law. It is the policy of ATS not merely to refrain from employment discrimination as required by the various federal, state, and local enactments, but to take positive affirmative action to realize for women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans full equal employment opportunity. We support the employment and advancement in employment of individuals with disabilities and of protected veterans, and we treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Acclaim Technical Services
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD
EducationView all jobs at Acclaim Technical Services