Kurdish (Kurmanji) Linguist - Travel (2021-0012)
Acclaim Technical Services Reston, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Acclaim Technical Services, founded in 2000, is a leading language and intelligence services company supporting a wide range of U.S. Federal agencies. We are an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company, which is uncommon within our business sector. We see this as a significant strength, and it shows: ATS is consistently ranked as a top workplace among DC area firms and continues to grow.
We are actively hiring a Kurdish (Kurmanj) Travel Linguist to join our team working in Reston, VA. You will be responsible for supporting a government agency and your office with translation, transcription, and/or interpretation services.
- Linguists shall be required to be on the Travel Team/Travel Only program
- Linguists will translate and perform consecutive interpretation between Kurdish and English
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Preference given to higher clearances. However, all candidates with any level of clearance, including those with no clearance but who are deemed eligible, may be considered.
- College education in target language
- Interpretation between source and target languages
- Translation into English and source language
- Editing and Quality Control of language products
- Workflow management
- Summarizing/Gisting while drawing upon linguistic or cultural expertise
- Subject Matter Expertise in Religion, Science and technology and Sponsor Operations areas of focus
- Terminology Management
- Translation Related Services (TRS)
- Language Training
- Subject Matter Expertise in Counter-proliferation, Counterterrorism, Legal/Law, Military, Narcotics, Cyber, Economics and Geospatial areas of focus.
COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Requirements
As directed by Executive Order 14042, all current and newly hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 and provide proof of vaccination, except where they are legally entitled to an exemption/accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
ATS is committed to a program of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, hairstyles and hair textures, handicap/disability, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by federal, state or local law. It is the policy of ATS not merely to refrain from employment discrimination as required by the various federal, state, and local enactments, but to take positive affirmative action to realize for women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans full equal employment opportunity. We support the employment and advancement in employment of individuals with disabilities and of protected veterans, and we treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Acclaim Technical Services
GovernmentView all jobs at Acclaim Technical Services