Elastic Stack Systems Administrator (2022-0028)
- Posted: over a month ago
Acclaim Technical Services, founded in 2000, is a leading language and intelligence services company supporting a wide range of U.S. Federal agencies. We are an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company, which is uncommon within our business sector. We see this as a significant strength, and it shows: ATS is consistently ranked as a top workplace among DC area firms and continues to grow.
We are actively hiring an Elastic Stack Systems Administrator with TS/SCI clearance and polygraph in McLean, VA to apply expertise in the installation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of both Microsoft Windows and Linux-based architectures. You will focus on improving the stability and performance of the platform, maintaining and improving the security posture of the domain, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise. You are accountable for Windows, Linux, and application systems that support the infrastructure.
- Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering, operations and maintenance, and research and development to ensure continual operation.
- Building, documenting, and providing tier 3 engineering support.
- Provide daily operational support for Windows and Linux operating systems and applications
- Maintain the integrity and security of systems by monitoring security feeds and dashboards in support of Continuous Monitoring activities
- Develop and maintain standards and procedures for applications across a complex computing infrastructure
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation
- Monitor application and operating system performance and analyze and document problems
- Develop and oversee implementation of testing strategies and document the results
- Leverage scripting and system automation tools
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies
- Research and recommend hardware and software, coordinate installation, and provide backup recovery
- Review problems to understand the root causes of issues and ensure implementation of proper fixes
- Collaborate with system administrators, engineers, and the client to ensure proper integration of applications
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- The position requires deep technical knowledge of systems, networks, and application security as well as a solid understanding of enterprise-level security frameworks, policies, processes, and standards. The candidate must have strong analytical skills for troubleshooting complex issues, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8 to 10 years of related system administration experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using distributed search and analytic engines (i.e. ElasticSearch); data collection and log-parsing engines (i.e. Logstash); and analytics and visualization platforms (i.e. Kibana).
- Familiarity in Cloud/Virtual computing environments (AWS, C2S, OpenStack, Azure, KVM and VMware)
Systems administration experience with Apache NiFi
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
ATS is committed to a program of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, hairstyles and hair textures, handicap/disability, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by federal, state or local law. It is the policy of ATS not merely to refrain from employment discrimination as required by the various federal, state, and local enactments, but to take positive affirmative action to realize for women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans full equal employment opportunity. We support the employment and advancement in employment of individuals with disabilities and of protected veterans, and we treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Acclaim Technical Services
Real EstateView all jobs at Acclaim Technical Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?