Data Engineer SME (2021-0181)
- Posted: over a month ago
Acclaim Technical Services, founded in 2000, is a leading language and intelligence services company supporting a wide range of U.S. Federal agencies. We are an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company, which is uncommon within our business sector. We see this as a significant strength, and it shows: ATS is consistently ranked as a top workplace among DC area firms and continues to grow.
We are actively hiring a Data Engineer (SME) with TS/SCI clearance and polygraph to join our team working in Chantilly, Virginia.
- Create and maintain a data pipeline architecture
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet mission requirements
- Identify, design, and implement improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Build required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS, SQL, NiFi technologies
- Build analytical tools to utilize the data pipeline, providing actionable insight into data performance including operational efficiency and customer acquisition
- Working with mission stakeholders and assist them with data-related technical issues
- Working with technology stakeholders to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, informatics, statistics, or computer science/software engineering
- Ability to build and optimize data sets, 'big data' data pipelines and architectures
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on unstructured datasets
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency and metadata
- Minimum of five years of experience using some of the below software and tools:
- Big data tools like Kafka, Spark and Hadoop
- Relational NoSQL and SQL databases including Cassandra and PostgreSQL
- Workflow management and pipeline tools such as Airflow, Luigi and Azkaban
- AWS close services including Redshift, RDS, EMR and EC2
- Stream-processing systems like Spark-Streaming and Storm
- Object function/object-oriented scripting languages including Scala, C++, Java and Python.
- Data workflow orchestration tools including Pentahoe or Apache NiFi
COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Requirements
To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, ATS may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test on a weekly basis. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
ATS is committed to a program of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, hairstyles and hair textures, handicap/disability, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by federal, state or local law. It is the policy of ATS not merely to refrain from employment discrimination as required by the various federal, state, and local enactments, but to take positive affirmative action to realize for women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans full equal employment opportunity. We support the employment and advancement in employment of individuals with disabilities and of protected veterans, and we treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Acclaim Technical Services
TechnologyView all jobs at Acclaim Technical Services