Arabic Linguist (2022-0035)
- Expired: January 04, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Acclaim Technical Services, founded in 2000, is a leading language and intelligence services company supporting a wide range of U.S. Federal agencies. We are an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company, which is uncommon within our business sector. We see this as a significant strength, and it shows: ATS is consistently ranked as a top workplace among DC area firms and continues to grow.
We are actively hiring an Arabic Linguist with TS/SCI clearance and polygraph to join our team working in a travel-only role. You and your team will be responsible for supporting a government agency and your office with translation, transcription, and/or interpretation services, possibly CONUS and OCONUS. In this role as an Arabic Linguist, you will mainly be translating documents into English. The position may also require a broader variety of language-related tasks, to include triage, gisting, interpretation, and transcription of audio/video materials.
- Travel-only role
- Working as a team
- Giving/receiving constructive feedback on translation reviews
- Typing no less than 45wpm in English and in the target language
- Working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be medically fit to travel to required locations, if needed
- Willingness to possibly travel to meet changing mission needs - "anywhere, anytime"
- Using cultural and current even knowledge in areas of expertise
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Candidates must be proficient at a Level 3+ on the ILR scale, or an equivalent, signifying "professional performance," in translation, speaking, and listening
- Excellent Target Language and English skills
- This position requires employees to work in a Northern Virginia office for a standard forty-hour work week
- All candidates must pass the English test with a score of 80% or above
- All candidates must provide a copy of their current US passport
COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Requirements
To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, ATS may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test on a weekly basis. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
ATS is committed to a program of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion/creed, hairstyles and hair textures, handicap/disability, genetic information/history, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic or condition protected by federal, state or local law. It is the policy of ATS not merely to refrain from employment discrimination as required by the various federal, state, and local enactments, but to take positive affirmative action to realize for women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans full equal employment opportunity. We support the employment and advancement in employment of individuals with disabilities and of protected veterans, and we treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Acclaim Technical Services
GovernmentView all jobs at Acclaim Technical Services
Get fresh Arabic Intelligence Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.