Vascular Access Specialist (PICC RN)- Bronx- Full Time
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
DynamicAccess is the largest provider of mobile vascular access services servicing a wide variety of care settings and patient acuities.
We are searching for experienced Vascular Access (PICC) Registered Nurses or Advanced Practice Nurses for full time status (three 12 hour shifts per week) in the New York market- mainly in the Bronx/UpCity area. We reimburse mileage for procedure-based travel (restrictions apply).
This is a direct-hire employee position, we do not staff with Independent Contractors. Due to the vulnerability of the patients we care for, it is required that our staff has or is willing to obtain the COVID vaccine.
Our most successful candidates are team players that enjoy practicing autonomously, have top-notch clinical and critical thinking skills, and the ability to communicate effectively across a multitude of channels and devices.
- The safe delivery and documentation of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Utilizing critical thinking, management, problem-solving, and differentiation of urgency in the role of clinician, teacher, researcher, leadership, and professional development.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards subscribed to by American Nursing Association and in accordance with State Board Nursing requirements and other regulatory standards.
- Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of clinical, social, safety, psychological, and spiritual issues for patient care, within an episode of care.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships internally and externally by demonstrating accountability for actions, enthusiasm, motivation, and commitment to patients and colleagues.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural differences and holds peers accountable for healthy relationships.
- Demonstrates accountability for professional development that improves the quality of professional practice and the quality of patient care.
- Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry, and continuous development by asking for feedback and improving practice.
- Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility with the change process.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- 2+ years of progressive Vascular Access experience
- Expertise in Ultrasound-Guided Peripheral IV required
- Midline and PICC insertion preferred
- Ability to use ultrasound for procedural imaging guidance
- The ability to provide detailed and appropriate teaching to other clinicians, patients, and families to effectively guide them through the episode of care as well as transition to another level of care and/or home
- Knowledge of relevant Standards of Practice, Professional Guidelines, and Regulatory Requirements
- Certification through Vascular Access Certification Board as a VA-BC© preferred
- CRNI© Certification through Infusion Nurses Certification Corporation a plus
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, facility staff, and fellow clinicians verbally and in writing
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Licensure in state(s) of practice
- Travel to accounts within and outside of the assigned market
- Reliable transportation, auto insurance, and a clean driving record
- Malpractice Insurance
- Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certification
- Competitive case rates and salaries
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits for full-time employees
- Short-term and long-term disability options for full-time employees
- 401(K) Retirement Package with company matching
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid time off for full-time and part-time employees
- Cell phone allowance for full-time employees
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with AccessRN, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace.
Get fresh Access Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.