iSeries - RPG - Wholesale, Retail or EDI Systems - Consultant (DN)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $60 to $80 Hourly
Are you passionate about iSeries systems? Are you still solid with RPG, iSeries and either Retails, Wholesale or EDI systems? Do you feel solid about your project management, process improvement and more importantly ability to get things done with a sense or urgency?
If so, we want to speak with you!
You will be primarily responsible for providing development and application support for the business user community.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review and analyze business requirements and design and develop within the iSeries toolset and related technologies.
- Develop/modify IBM iSeries applications, reports, tables, business views, data structures, and business functions.
- Perform unit testing to ensure developed applications work as expected.
- Document requirements, technical design, and specifications.
- Analyze and troubleshoot RPG, supporting systems and processes.
- Collaborate on other projects with RPG developers, contractors, and vendor consultants.
- Must have excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- Gather, understand, and document user requirements, creating specifications, designing solutions, development, testing and implementing solutions that ensure requirements are achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable experience
- Minimum 10 years of prior experience with iSeries development
- Expertise in functional skills in any or all of: Wholesale, Retails, Sales Order, EDI, Financials, Advanced Warehouse and Manufacturing
- Prior experience developing applications in RPG or RPGLE
- Strong SQL and relational database concepts/design a +
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Strong customer service skills and orientation
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work extended hours as work situations dictate and act as escalation point for issues
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to analyze and learn rapidly changing technologies
- Tenacity/do what it takes
- Effective time management and personal organization
- Leadership and teamwork – create followership
- Honesty and integrity
- Team building skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Analytical skills
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Detail Oriented
Access Staffing, LLC