We're searching for a talented and passionate creative leader to join our team as an Art/Creative Director. We are an agile team that is growing quickly, meaning there are many hats to be worn and plenty of opportunities to take on new responsibilities and challenges as you work with us. As part of the Access team, you will be able to put your knowledge of graphic design and your expertise to great use across various clients, industries, audiences, and project types.
This role will have you working directly with our team of designers on a wide variety of design projects from concept to execution, as well as providing direction on projects, and ensuring only top quality deliverables are put in front of our clients. You'll be a graphic design player-coach, team mentor and overall visual guru backed by our VP of Design Services.
This role will be a fantastic fit if you have:
- Strong conceptual design abilities
- A self-motivated attitude and willingness to expand knowledge
- A stewardship mentality for brands including judging when things are on and off brand
- An exceptional eye for detail (e.g. that 2-pixel line is just a bit too prominent and would look better at 1px, and a slightly lighter shade of grey).
- A solid understanding and interest in modern web layout and trends and are always looking to create designs that are one-step ahead of the curve.
- Chops for creating visual wizardry across many mediums (print, large format, website, digital advertising, packaging, etc.)
- Knowledge of what HTML/CSS, WordPress, Bootstrap are capable of and how they impact mobile-friendly design.
- Demonstrable judgement for typography, document hierarchy and color theory.
- Grasp of the differences/problems/solutions when designing + marketing for B2B and B2C audiences.
- Confidence to give as well as take constructive criticism while working collaboratively with other designers, account managers, copywriters, and developers.
- A proactive approach to balancing campaigns and creative with quality and budget
- Mentoring skills to manage and develop internal and external designers to ensure the best creative work is being delivered to our clients
Education / Experience
- Minimum of 6 years of agency design experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent formal training in graphic design preferred but portfolio is our benchmark
- Ability to provide initial direction and follow up with team to ensure we hit the mark on quality, creativity, and message to our intended audience
- Demonstrable application of core design concepts
- Experience managing internal and external designers
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Functional knowledge of how to design for WordPress and HTML
- Knowledge in basic print prep / preflight techniques
- Experience in photography and video direction
Nice to Haves
- HTML email experience, including knowledge of client restrictions and workarounds
- Hands-on marketing automation platform knowledge – e.g. Act-On, Net-Results, Hubspot, Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Bootstrap framework experience
- Adobe After Effects / Premiere +
- HTML5 animated advertising
- Project collaboration tools (Teamwork, Trello, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
Our marketing teams are comprised of strategy geeks, tech junkies, visual addicts, and artists of the written word. Most importantly, we’re the co-pilots on the marketing journey with our clients. We don’t just solve marketing problems; we solve business problems with marketing. If we’re not experts in an industry already, we become experts — taking the time to understand how our clients provide unique value to customers. Then we custom engineer marketing programs that connect them to their target audience for impact and growth.