- Posted: 23 days ago
Founded in 1999, Access Laser is a leader in designing and manufacturing high-end CO2 lasers. We are a rapidly growing company, experiencing double-digit revenue growth in recent years. We provide leading edge gas-discharge-excited laser technologies to global industries in the medical, semiconductor, electronic, manufacturing, and scientific development R&D markets. We focus on creative designs that match our customers’ applications and solve difficult problems with innovative solutions. We strive to provide a challenging and supportive environment where team members are encouraged to go beyond ordinary thinking and challenge the normal with the truly ingenious. Our team is our greatest asset and supporting their career development is the greatest investment we can make in our future.
In October 2017 we became a member of the TRUMPF Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of lasers and laser systems. Although we have retained the agility and flexibility of a small company, both our business and our employees now have access to new opportunities for growth.
We are currently seeking a full-time Industrial Engineer to help build robust, high-quality production processes and lead creation of easy-to-use internal technical documentation, such as work instructions, production documentation, and equipment maintenance instructions. This position is at our South Everett/Paine Field facility.
Objectives of this role:
- Analyze existing manufacturing systems and processes and identify value-added and non-value-added activities to solve production challenges
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes have full and up to date documentation that enables production that is fully under control.
- Specify, develop, validate, and install new equipment, tools, and gages; FMEA, PFMEA, Process Control Plans, Process Flow Diagrams; part or fixture design and layout.
- Develop and conduct employee training for production processes and productivity improvement projects
On a daily basis you will:
- Design and develop robust manufacturing concepts to simplify and improve processes and ensure best practices
- Create and maintain required documentation for manufacturing processes, including work instructions, unit travelers, assembly drawings, flow charts, capacity and utilization studies, time and motion studies, standard work, cycle time analysis, and line balancing
- Identify opportunities for preventing waste and inefficiency during production
- Research and test design ideas to determine feasibility, utilizing lean manufacturing, kaizen, Six Sigma, and root-cause analysis to formulate and support innovation, corrective actions, and improvements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gain insights and direction
What you bring:
- Five or more years of manufacturing industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, or other relevant technical disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing for process and build documentation
- Ability to train production leads and operators in new manufacturing and assembly methods and techniques.
- In-depth understanding of lean manufacturing principles
- Proficiency with analytical tools, workflow time studies, and process balancing
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
Additional desired skills and experience
- Familiarity with CAD software applications (preferably SolidWorks).
- Experience with lasers, plasma, optics or other relevant products would be a distinct advantage
Why work for us:
At our core, we are an idea company, which is driving expansion and tremendous revenue growth. We are customer driven, and design application specific products which fit the individual needs of our customers. This requires highly motivated and dedicated teams. You will have the opportunity to be innovative in your work as we are constantly evolving our products and solving new problems with our customers. We owe our success to our people. We take great pride in investing in our team and strive to continually grow and improve our company and culture.
We love what we do. Our goal is to go above and beyond for each other and our customers. Our teams are creative, smart, and talented, which makes each project exciting. You will have plenty of guidance and support to help us continue moving our impactful technology to the next level.
TRUMPF, our parent company, shares the same core values, and supports both our team and our drive for continuous innovation in laser technology. We are proud to be part of one of the largest technology companies led by a woman.
Things we love here:
- Opportunity to work in a brand-new state of art facility
- Great benefits including medical/dental/vision, short- and long-term disability insurance, and 401K with a match
- Generous PTO Plan
- We support learning and have educational assistance programs
- Fitness reimbursement
- Strong commitment to COVID prevention for all employees, and a close to 100% vaccination rate
- Work-life balance is accommodated to promote success in and out of the workplace
- Stocked kitchen with complimentary snacks
- Team outings that are family oriented
- Free parking
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other classes protected by law.
We are committed to providing opportunities to all qualified individuals. If you need assistance completing our online application due to a physical or mental impairment, please email email@example.com or call 425-382-2217.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?