Access Hospital Dayton Dayton, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Access Hospital Dayton is hiring for Licensed Social Workers. Full-time and part-time positions available. Access Hospital Dayton is a private inpatient mental health and substance abuse facility located in Dayton, Ohio.
Summary of Job Duties:
Inpatient Psychiatric Social Worker is responsible for providing comprehensive Psychosocial Services for the inpatient population case load. Such services include thorough completion of Psychosocial Assessments, which must be completed within 24 hours of admission. Discharge Planning is an essential part of the assessment process to assure that patients have appropriate linage to services including psychiatric follow up once they are released from inpatient status.
Social Workers are also expected to facilitate groups where patient interaction is encouraged revolving around community resources, family/ personal dynamics, and difficulties patients may have while living in the community (financial, social, etc.). They should encourage all patients to participate in the designated group activities.
The Psychiatric Social Worker serves as a liaison between patients and community (outpatient) providers. Those individuals should be contacted within 24 hours of admission whenever possible.
Social Workers are members of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and are responsible for entering in their interventions on treatment plans. Social Work interventions are addressed in weekly case notes in order to document patients’ response to treatment goals and interventions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in working with mental health consumers either in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- CPI training preferred or certification within (60) days of hire.
Knowledge and Training:
- Good interpersonal skills as shown by ability to effectively communicate with patients, their families, and outpatient providers.
- Intensive knowledge of community resources
- Ability to effectively and concisely write Psychosocial Assessments with clear indications of recommended discharge plan.
- Knowledge of group process/dynamics.
- Basic computer skills
Access Hospital Dayton
Access Hospital in Dayton, Ohio, offers specialized, caring, inpatient mental health and substance abuse programming designed to assist adults who are in need of crisis stabilization. The inpatient mental health program we offer treats issues such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, and age related mental illness such as dementia or Alzheimer’s. We offer alcohol and substance abuse treatment and recovery programming including medically assisted detox. Treatment is provided in a safe and secure environment that is conducive to healing and recovery. Services include daily visits with a psychiatrist, individualized and group therapy, 24-hour nursing care, medication management, dual-diagnosis treatment options, case management and discharge planning.
2611 Wayne AvenueDayton, OH