Access Hospital Dayton is hiring RNs. We have full-time and part-time positions available for day (7:00 AM - 7:30 PM) and night (7:00 PM - 7:30 AM) shifts. Access Hospital Dayton is a private inpatient mental health and substance abuse facility located in Dayton, Ohio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of patient including adult and the geriatric population.
- Ability to perform nursing assessments on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs thorough patient psychiatric interviews.
- Continuously observes patient behavior, mental status and activities, documents and reports pertinent information.
- Formulates and implements patient plans of care; family is included when appropriate.
- Ability to revise plans of care as indicated by the patient response to treatment and evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services to level of licensure.
- Knowledge of medications, including psychotropic drugs, and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Follows the six (6) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform crisis intervention and triage.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies and completed within shift worked.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary in the Chare Nurse role.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Administration Team, co-workers, physicians and patients.
- Concurs with members of the treatment team for the benefit of the patient.
- Demonstrates ability to lead/complete group therapy sessions.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient needs.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity; provides emotional support.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health errors.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Provides education to the patient and family concerning plans of care, compliance with the plans of care, medications and their side effects.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate at all times.
- Orients new staff members and volunteers.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments/units.
- Current Registered Nurse License, in good standing
- Current BLS certification
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function of the position without compromising patient care.
Access Hospital Dayton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employees are required to pass a BCI and FBI background check that pulls sealed and expunged records, observed drug screening, and a 1-step mantoux/TB test, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Access Hospital DaytonAccess Hospital in Dayton, Ohio, offers specialized, caring, inpatient mental health and substance abuse programming designed to assist adults who are in need of crisis stabilization. The inpatient mental health program we offer treats issues such as depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, and age related mental illness such as dementia or Alzheimer’s. We offer alcohol and substance abuse treatment and recovery programming including medically assisted detox. Treatment is provided in a safe and secure environment that is conducive to healing and recovery. Services include daily visits with a psychiatrist, individualized and group therapy, 24-hour nursing care, medication management, dual-diagnosis treatment options, case management and discharge planning.