Provides nursing care through physical and mental assessments, laboratory testing, plans of care and
therapeutic treatments. Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental,
social and behavioral. Performs crisis intervention. Participates in the department's performance
improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities. Acts in the Supervisor RN role and
manages licensed and unlicensed personnel within their shift, and within the scopes of practice.
Supervisor main responsibility is to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures of the facility,
state and federal regulations and ensure their staff (RNs, LPNs and MHT's) are also compliant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures compliance with charts: i.e, progress notes, treatment plans, incident reports, flowsheets, MAR/TAR, orders, admission paperwork, etc.
• Ensures compliance with documentation. Offering examples of correct ways to document.
• Completes documentation when needed.
• Ensures completion of all tasks assigned to unit staff.
• Creates and maintains the nursing schedule.
• Covers call offs and holes in the schedule.
• Works on lowering overtime and is mindful of costs of overtime.
• Limits overtime.
• Maintains staffing ratio: 4:1 but also keeps in mind acuity and staffing accordingly.
• Completes audits of charts.
• Orders supplies.
• Trains supportive staff and new hires.
• On-call duties.
• Performance Evaluations.
• Disciplines when necessary.
• Current RN License
• Supervisory experience preferred.